Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

birthing worries

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by neil123, Apr 30, 2011.

1. neil123

neil123 PetForums Newbie

anyone around who can help?? my cat gave birth to her first baby around 12.30 and the second about an hour later both with no probs. still waiting for the next!! she showing no signs of distress and neither is unborn. she now sleeping with the two that are born. is everything ok and am I just being an anxious parent or what??

2. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

It all sounds OK so far hun :)

Some queens can go up to (and sometimes longer than) 24hours between kittens!

If she does become distressed, or is actively pushing for longer than 45 mins - 1 hour please give your vet a call. They're usually give free advice on the phone :)

3. neil123

neil123 PetForums Newbie

:D:D thanks alot for replying and support! just had number three...huge!! haha... what a relief. poor mites knackered and she still has one more that I can feel xx

4. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

I agree with Aurelia, no need to panic. Long gaps are quite normal and in my experience often come after two kittens have been born.

Liz

5. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

good luck i hope it goes well.xx

6. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

Hiya, my cats first two kittens were born 16 minutes apart, number three was 2 and a half hours later and 4 was 3 and a half hours after that :) It can take a long time! Hoping for a happy and healthy mom and litter for you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice