Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Birthday cake

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kdlang, Jul 17, 2009.

1. kdlang

kdlang PetForums Junior

Just found out today that its my foster dogs birthday on sunday. He will be one year old. It probably won't be long before he is leaving us so would like to make it special and make him a cake. Yes, I know he wont know what day it is lol.

Any ideas for recipes for doggy cakes. Most that I have found on the tinternet are from American sites and I just don't work in cups - makes me feel like getting my bra off lol.

BTW he is a labrador if it makes any difference

2. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

LOL i tried melting doggy drops before in the microwave to put on the top of a sponge cake when it was our labbys birthday. The choc drops dont melt and the microwave caught fire lol so dont try that

3. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

:lol::lol:
    What about liver cake or instead of using liver you can put tuna in it or how about making Icy Paws ( wasn't me that called them that :p )

Icy Paws

• 2 cartons plain or vanilla yogurt (32 oz each)
    • 1 small can tuna in water (8oz.)
    • 2 tsp. garlic power
    • 24 3 oz. plastic cups (not paper)

Open yogurt, if they are full to the top use a spoon & scoop out one cup. ( so you can get the tuna in ). Put half of the can of tuna in each yogurt container add the garlic power (1 tsp. in each) & stir thoroughly.

Use a spoon & scoop the mixture into the cups. Place on a tray & freeze overnight. Makes about 24 treats. ​

There's probably other things you can put in it that's just the recipe I was given, not tried it though.

Terri

gesic likes this.
  4. kdlang

kdlang PetForums Junior

Those icy paws sound great and will defintely be making those when the weather warms up again. I was n't sure about a liver cake. I have made it to be cut into small pieces as treats but wasn't sure if it could be eaten in larger quantities.

I have fond memories of watching Blue Peter when they brought in the big birthday cakes for their dogs and wanted to be able to do something similar.

5. Gobaith

Gobaith PetForums VIP

Penblwydd hapus!
    Thats happy birthday in Welsh :)

6. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

I wouldn't give liver cake in chunks but then the dogs don't seem to mind that they only get tiny bits at a time :rolleyes:, how about making it with tuna just don't use the one with brine as it would be to salty, you could perhaps substitute the liver for some jars of baby food. I ran out of liver and made it with mince :rolleyes:, mince doesn't do to well in the blender :lol:, they still ate it though it came out looking like a meat loaf.
    Last year I did a stall for rescues at our local gala day and I had some liver cake on the table for people to give to their dogs, a woman walked past picked a bit up popped it in her mouth and kept on walking, my daughter and I just stood there with tears rolling down our faces.

Terri

7. crazycrest

crazycrest PetForums VIP

Depend's on the size of the dog, but our's get a fresh cream cake for their Birthday's :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice