Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

birth soon?

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by donna81, Jul 12, 2009.

1. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

hi, my cat is heavily pregnant, i dont know when she was mated so i dont know when she is due. i can feel the kittens moving inside her, ive been able to feel them for a couple of weeks. over the past couple of days my cat has taken to spending most days asleep on the stairs. is this normal and could she be due soon?

2. CatCrazy

CatCrazy PetForums Junior

From personal experience they show about 2 weeks before but if she is sleeping a lot she could have them any day really! Just make sure she knows where to have them and she will be fine :) Is she off her food at all thats another sign she is ready :)

3. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

she has been eating a little less than usual but is still picking at her food. i have prepared 2 birthing boxes for her, they are both in my bedroom, one in a quiet corner and one in the bottom of my wardrobe, im preparing myself for her not using them lol. ive been free feeding her and keeping her inside, is there anything else i should be doing for her?

4. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

aww how exciting, keep us posted when she starts having them, there is usually someone on here that should be able to help,:)

5. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Hiya, Think a few of us are in the same boat...iv just rescued 2 pregnant cats and one is more gone than the other...but unsure on dates...

Iv felt the kittens move for 2 weeks, shes been asleep alot, she does go in her box for abit..and isnt eating as much, but all cats are different, My cat lucky didnt have any signs that she was going into labour, she just came up to me crying, so then i relised it was time...

All you can do is just keep an eye on her..:smilewinkgrin:

6. bimbleweb

bimbleweb PetForums Member

it sounds like you are doing all the right things. if you have been able to feel the kittens moving for a couple of weeks it should be soon. Good luck! x

7. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

we do sound like we are in the same boat lol. i took on 4 cats 3 4 weeks ago, someone who i knew owned them but because the 3 girls were pregnant she was going to dump them so i asked if i could have them, she said i could, and asked if would take her male cat too.
    So from having no cats, i now have 4, 3 of which are expecting...talk about a handfull :eek:hmy:
    The cats didnt even have names, so i have called them Eeny, Meany, Myny and Mo lol.
    They have all settled in really well and are fantastic cats. Ive got meany booked in at the vets on the 20th to be neutered and micro chipped and the girls will be done as soon as the kittens have all been rehomed and once their milk has dried up.
    Its Eeny who i think could be due soon, shes huge bless her.
    Im excited about the birth but also very nervous and im hoping all goes well :)

8. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Yeah iv took on 2 pregnant cats, selecta is due real soon i think...and tia is couple of weeks behind...it is very exciting not had a birth for a while, not sure if its selectas first time this is tias 3rd OMG def being done after..same as selecta...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice