Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Birth certificates

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Aug 20, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Does anyone know if I can just get a copy of my son's birth certifiace from my local council office? They do registration of births deaths and marriages there but I can't find info online to tell me if I need to send away or something to get one!

I have been looking for ages and trying to buy one online but it kept only giving me options for england, wales and ireland!
    So I looked on my local council website and it told me where the nearest registration office was.

It says it's like £13

Has anoyine had to replace a birth certificate? I need a new one to get my boy's nursery forms finished so he can get his free sessions!

x

2. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I think if you just phone up your local register office then you will find you can get one. I wanted a copy of my divorce certificate last year and so I rang up and they said it would be £5 so I just sent away for it and it was here within a couple of weeks. If you ring them they will tell you what information they need.:)

3. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Could you not ring the number given for England and Wales ones and ask if they have number for you to contact about Scotland?
    The number is: (0)845 603 7788

4. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Ok cool well I will be in town tomorrow anyway, to take Dave to the vet for his check. So can leave him with OH at work and pop into the office.

I cannot remember the date I registered his birth.. Obviously I know his birth date and where, and I can remember where it was registered too.

x

5. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

I just popped into the registry of BDM and got one on the spot. 10 minutes, in and out.

6. Colsy

Colsy Banned

Yes just go in and you will get one.
    You may need to take ID cannot remember for sure.

7. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Ok well I have written down all the details, all I have for id is crappy student card and bank cards... my birth certificate was in my purse which got stolen a few years ago :( I'll need to get a new one so I can apply for my provisional but that can wait! lol

I suppose I can take some bank statement or bill or something with my name on for id too..

x

8. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

Your passport would be better.

9. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Don't have one of those either! :(
    It expired (and got lost when I was moving flats during my student years) and I don't go abroad so never replaced it.

I will go see them tomorrow and see what they say anyways.

I also need a photo of my step mum for the nursery as photo id as she will be collecting my son sometimes... but pictures of her are few and far between! It might take ages! Lol!

x

10. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Would a photocopy not do?

11. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

Honestly, if a nursery accepted photocopies of such important documents I'd be looking for another nursery.

I only work in a college and even we don't accept copies, faxes, PDF's etc to allow adults to study, nevermind being responsible for looking after little ones.

12. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

Simple answer....yes :D

13. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Ok well I went to the council office today, the woman was away so the other one took the details (my name, son's name and dob) and told me its £14, come back in 20 min.
    That was it. No id, nothing.

So tomorrow I need to call the nursery and see what id for emergency contact I need. Got to change the one from my mum to nana, as it will more likely to be my dads gf and nana collecting my boy if I cant get there as my mum is far away. I assume I can give them a photocopy of driving lisence or something...

Then I think he will be in full day tues and thurs, and one other half day not sure which yet.

x

14. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Go to the town hall, and mine was like £7/£8 and I have had about 4 replacements, cos I lose everything!

15. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I bought a new one but I got it from the registry office and it cost me £10

16. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Lol yeah I need to get myself a new one now, so I can send off for my provisional...
    But does anyone know how I can change the surname on mine??
    On my birth certificate my surname is my dads.. But my parents divorced and i use my mums maiden name.. So the name on the certificate would be different from my other id (bills etc)

x

17. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

It has to be the registry office at the place of his birth, ring them pay over the phone my sons took a week

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice