UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to Birmingham Dogs Home today and there was at least 35 Staffie type dogs. It's so unfair that these poor dogs are being overbred by irresponsible owners who give them a bad name. They have the softest saddest eyes and it broke my heart to see so many of them needing new homes. It must be so confusing and distressing for them and none of them had a toy to play with.

I wish I owned a huge house with lots of land to turn into doggy heaven!

·
Registered
188 Posts
My Quinn is a staffie, from Birmingham Dogs Home, and she's fab :) Love her to bits ... as you said though, it's packed to the rafters (and always is), especially with staffs and other big 'status' dogs :(

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Abandoned toys of chavs, and many will end up PTS, if the number of attacks by badly handled and badly trained staffies increases they could even end up on the dangerous dogs breed list, that would be a tragedy

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the problem though. Staffies (with the right temperament) are lovely and so cute. Their eyes are amazing. Why should they be classed as dangerous because of idiots who either don't train them or train them to be aggressive?? It's not right :(

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I was really upset after visiting Birmingham Dogs Home last time; I think it was so soon after loosing Tekno (a Birmingham Dogs Home staffie himself) and it just brought it home to me how abd things were.

There must have been 80 staffie, bull breed type dogs in there when we went back in the summer and you just know how are all of them going to make it out into loving new homes.

Not the dogs home fault at all as a home which is the local pound they have no control on what dogs come in and only have finite space.

I did my bit by being able to offer a home to another staffie cross boy at least - he was a pup which made me feel even worse leaving all those adults behind but at least its one more staffie type into a good and loving home.

I volunteer for a pound dog organisation but I do mainly stuff over the internet, homing enquiries etc;and by the time the dogs reach us they are safe and you know there are so many out there you can't help... but seeing row after row of stunning staffies who had all been abandoned and all hoping for a little tummy tickly as you walked past was heartbreaking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.