Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bird Chasing

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by montys-mama, May 12, 2010.

1. montys-mama

montys-mama PetForums Junior

Monty has taking a liking to birds..
    When we are out he will chase them but when I recall he will always come back so it is not yet causing huge issues.

However, in the house he will sit by the back door and when he sees a bird he will whine and bark and shake and scratch the door until you come to open it, then if you open the door he will bolt out before you've even opened it meaning he hits his nose on the door very hard.
    We do NOT open the door whilst he is barking or whining and always make him sit and we've tried not opening the door at all..
    I should mention also we have tried distracting him with his ball and calling him away from the door, he will come if called but go straight back over to the door again.

I'm just worried its turning into a compulsive thing and as he's a 6 month old springer spaniel I could really do with some advice please!!

2. hawksport

hawksport Banned

At my house it's the birds that chase the dog
    [​IMG][/IMG]

3. montys-mama

montys-mama PetForums Junior

that is brilliant!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice