Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Biodegradable poo bags

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bisbow, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

I needed to replenish the poo bags in my jacket pocket so went into the drawer with a big box of biodegradable bags in it
    Opened up the box and they had biodegraded, thousands of little bits of green plastic everywhere, what a mess

They must have been in the drawer for yonks, just as well we had other poo bags as well
    At least we know that they do biodegrade as the box states

MontyMaude and Siskin like this.
  2. Catharinem

Catharinem PetForums VIP

So do Tesco bags if left long enough. I've always been wary of what is biodegradable ( which to me means turning back into natural molecules which can be utilised by nature), and what should really be called "biodisintetgration" which is my own word (at least never heard it) for things which disintegrate under natural conditions, but still exist. We hear all about plastic microbeads in the oceans, hope there aren't plastic microshards in our soils.

samuelsmiles likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice