Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bingo!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by shetlandlover, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Last night I started falling asleep and it came to me.....

Scorchers hair loss started July/August and we changed her food last year and it stopped.....then it started up again this month I mean LOADS of hair coming out. I have been trying to work it out....and now I have.

Food allergy.

I am currently checking through the food she has been on before her first hair loss and since then to see what ingredient it could be but its looking likely wheat is the cause.

The reason I think that is because we changed her on the JW last week because she was not eating her food and her hair loss was to much. Then her hairs not falling out as much (as much because there are still patches of hair that are lose and need brushing out).

Have to give her a try on wheat free foods and see how she goes.

2. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Isn't it amazing how things come to you at night, when the computer's off and everyone's in bed. When that happens to me I have to put it in a text on my phone and save it - i've always forgotten by the morning only to remember again the following night! :eek:

Hope you've found the problem - good bit of detective work if you have. ;)

3. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Well done!! It's great when these things finally come to you.

I a night owl too when it comes to mulling things over and finally coming to the right conclusions:D

4. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Oh well done. Its great when the answer comes to you suddenly out of the blue.

My bitch with a food intolerance is doing well (touch wood) on Arden Grange Ocean White Fish and Potato (Sensitive).

5. Thanks everyone.

Now I know what it is we are dealing with we can make sure its sorted. What are the odds of my OH having food allergys and my dog.:tongue_smilie:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice