UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having come down on two days running to find our kitchen bin open and some contents on the floor I have just now observed my eldest cat Harvey raiding the bin. Last night he had managed to pull out an empty Parma Ham container, a butter foil cover and an empty 'Thrive' tube.

Before you ask yes, yes, yes they have been fed, RAW.

He jumps onto the work surface, over the gas rings:eek: around the wine rack and then walks onto the shut bin. It is a Barbantia bin which has a push down opening mechanism. He jumps off which then opens the lid, then he uses his front paws over the lip of the bin and lifts himself up onto the edge and raids the bin!!!!!!!!

After his raid, with backward flip, on the cat food drawer, I find his antics amusing and in a way I am proud of his intelligence but am slowly having to think about putting child prevention mechanisms on the bin and on the food drawer.

Does anyone else have these problems?

By the way the bin is the one in the Youtube clip, I don't really have anywhere else to move it.:)

Harvey finding a way to get his THRIVE treats - YouTube
Harvey getting THRIVE treats part 2 - YouTube

G

·
Before tiny Thea moved to live with my sister, she used to climb inside our bin, fetch something out for her brothers and uncle waiting in a ring around the bin, and then feast on it with them. She was their little helper it was so funny..

...except of course she'd shred the bin liner and it was dangerous when there were cooked bones in there. So we started putting one of Ben's weight lifting plates on top!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Before tiny Thea moved to live with my sister, she used to climb inside our bin, fetch something out for her brothers and uncle waiting in a ring around the bin, and then feast on it with them. She was their little helper it was so funny..

...except of course she'd shred the bin liner and it was dangerous when there were cooked bones in there. So we started putting one of Ben's weight lifting plates on top!
Now that is clever. Love it.

I never thought I would have to start out manoeuvring a cat, shows what I knew.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.