Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bikejor photos!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Torin., Nov 9, 2019.

1. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

My dad was staying with me for a couple of days this week, so yesterday I used the opportunity to try out a bikejor-suitable track a little further away.
    IMG_20191108_110053399_HDR.jpg

It gave up any pretence of being a road pretty quickly :D
    IMG_20191108_114027236_HDR.jpg

And then opened out, at which point we varied being on the stony track, or in the 4x4 tracks. I also mix it up a bit with regards to whether Cad's pulling or free running.
    IMG_20191108_111538688_HDR.jpg

Someone needs to practice pulling straighter rather than at this wacky diagonal
    IMG_20191108_113602561_HDR.jpg IMG_20191108_113604544_HDR.jpg

Problem was the weather was FOUL. Clouds couldn't make up their minds as to whether to rain heavily or be dry, and because the tracks are on the moors there was also really strong sideways wind. Either one of those alone would have been fine, but both together combined with the track having really big stones on at that point made it unsafe.

Threw in some recall practice on the way back down as a cooldown (and because it's was too steep for me to want him attached). Yes that is (horse) poo on my leg. Only came off once (thanks wind) and my dad was like "well I'm glad you landed somewhere soft". Like yeah me too, but the wet grass next to the pile of poo would have been pretty soft too!
    IMG_20191108_114254997.jpg

Despite not managing to do all that I had planned for safety reasons, it was still pretty great and everyone had a good time. Will definitely be going back there another time.

Bonus photo of Cad and my dad
    IMG_20191106_201936115.jpg

2. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Lovely pics that looks great fun.

Torin. likes this.
  3. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Looks like fun!

Torin. likes this.
  4. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Well done both of you - you should be well chuffed at that.

Torin. likes this.
  5. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

Is your Dad single? He’s gorgeous. And obviously likes dogs, which is always attractive in a man.

Sorry, really inappropriate.

That looked like fun; wish I was young enough and/or fit enough.

Torin. and Boxer123 like this.
  6. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

Haha @Linda Weasel! Funnily enough my dad is... not scared I don't think, but very uncertain around most dogs and will avoid interactions with them if at all possible. Cad's mostly really gentle around him though, and they really like each other :)

My legs were killing me with the walk up the hill, and there's obviously the extra effort involved in transporting a bike etc., but once I'm on I find it much less effort. Generally speaking I mean. Friday was not less effort because of the wind. I need to find some lower elevation non-tarmaced byways!

Linda Weasel likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice