Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

biggest group of bunnies..

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by mstori, Apr 16, 2011.

1. mstori

mstori PetForums VIP

what is the biggest group of bunnies anyone has living together?

I currently have 3 girls and 1 boy together (all neutered and spayed) but have been asked to take on some more (even on a foster if not fulltime)

just would like others thoughts.. I dont want mine falling out, but one of my girls is often left out

Tori x

2. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

I have 2 trios and 2 singles at the moment, but one neutered and hormones have died down, I will have a group of 5 and a trio :)

3. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

I think someone on here has 9 together! I have one duo, one single and mum with 4 babies together...doesn't count though i know :D

4. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

my biggest group at the moment is 8, all does, one of which is a continental giant, but it has been more (12) and will be again, when i do some bonding

when it was 12 i had 2 bucks and 10 does, unfortunatly jemima, bailey and Rabbit have made their way over the bridge

my second biggest group, is a 6, 2 bucks, 4 does
    2 of the does are sisters, and another of the does is mum to the 2 bucks

5. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

I have a 6 at the moment 3 neutered boys and 3 girls. Thats the biggest I have had so far :) Different ages and sizes, all 6 rabbits in my signature live together.

*Heidi*

6. mstori

mstori PetForums VIP

wow! I dint realise you could bond so many.. that must have been a shed they lived in :D

My girl georgia-Amelia is getting really picked on by another of my girls sasha. Got so bad i had to take george out :(

Now dont know what to do.. I havent the room for 2 bonded lots, i really needed them to live altogether :( x

7. hazyreality

Take a look through the threads about bonding, you will pick up alot of tips!
    I will PM a message I sent to someone else who was bonding, might help you with some ideas :)

*Heidi*

8. mstori

mstori PetForums VIP

thanks, the message is really helpful. I have to flystrike them again today so will try what you suggested, thanksyou :)

Tori x

9. hazyreality

Let me know how you get on :)

*Heidi*

10. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

So long as you have large enough accomodation, fights should be minimal :)

11. mstori

mstori PetForums VIP

tried and tried and they just arent having it :cryin: sasha is starting all the trouble, and i dont understand why :(

x

12. hazyreality

Whats happening?
    What is Sasha doing that makes you say she is causing all the trouble?

*Heidi*

13. mstori

mstori PetForums VIP

She's charging at Georgia and pulling her fur out ;(

14. hazyreality

Thats pretty normal during bonding. Get a spray bottle and each time she does it, give her a squirt. They have to go through all the chasing, fur pulling and humping at some point, some for longer than others.

Oh, and for the original question 0 I have a bonded 7 now!

*Heidi*

#14 hazyreality, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  15. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Just thought I'd add I now have a bonded group of 5, a trio and maybe another single (will know for certain on Sunday :D)

16. mstori

mstori PetForums VIP

Ive bonded a few now, and was told that if they draw bloodt to remove?

Tried the water bottle originally..

can they be ok to retry after blood? ive tried 4 times now re-introducing her x

17. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

I've bonded 2 rabbits into a group after blood was drawn (Ella managed to jump into Heather's area and took part of her ear with her :()
    This was them yesterday
    [​IMG]
    Have you thought about sending them off to be bonded?

18. mstori

mstori PetForums VIP

Ill keep persevering then. Do yours seem ok now?

My 4 were quite happy together until i put them in their hutch and they had already been a bonded trio, so I was only adding the boy. Would be worried that if i sent them away the same thing would happen as they had been fine in the crate.

Plus I dont have transport and no family or friends that could help me, so transporting 4 bunnies an issue.

19. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

How long did you keep them in the crate for?
    Was the hutch completely neutralised?
    What did you use to neutralise?
    Am I right in thinking it is the 2 girls that are having issues?
    (sorry just questions that popped straight into my head)

Heather and Ella are still great together (although the bond is still young I don't predict any issues) and they have moved to their permanent area with the others of the group.

(Just a quick disclaimer I would never advise moving as quick as I have with a group bond but I know my rabbits and they were ready and at risk of breaking the bond because they were fed up of being in a small space).

20. mstori

mstori PetForums VIP

They girls have always been together (mam and 2 daughters) and the boy is the dad. They were in the crate for about 3 days with no issues but I couldnt keep it up any longer. I couldnt even get in sitting room (weve had to move to a teeny house which is why getting them all bonded was really important) and it had already been out for 2 weeks
    I cleaned the hutches out with jeyes fluid a few times as they were indoors recovering from the neutering. I then used some cleaning fluid used it stables (been trying to google it but cant find it k or v or something?)

the issue is with 2 girls..sasha starting on georgia, no one else and georgia doesnt retaliate. I can take sasha out and all are fine, but she thumps and growls, so i have had to remove georgia

Before bonding georgia was my troublesome girl, always nipping us humans, so i thought i may have issues with her (plus when the girls free roamed and the boy was in the run she never gave him a second glance, whilst the other 2 girls would groom him through the bars) Sasha is special because we think she may have a brain injury.

If you can think of anything I havent thought of id really apreciate it. Ive never had this issue before
    Tori x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice