Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bigger Mammories after Heat Cycle

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Migs86, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Migs86

Migs86 PetForums Newbie

Hi there,
    Firstly, I appreciate that any advice given on here should not be taken as expert medical advice - I'm just looking for any information that might limit the need to see a vet if it's just "normal"

My 11 month old female English Cocker recently (1 month ago) finished her first cycle. No problems at all. She is fully intact
    I've noticed since, that her lower/bottom two mammories have become bigger, more fleshy - I want to be clear that they are not swollen, red etc nor do they look in any way inflamed etc.
    They just look and feel bigger and flabbier; not a huge amount, but enough to attract my attention.
    I've given them a good feel, there isn't any pain or worrying hard lumps.

My initial thoughts are this; it's her first season into maturity and her reproductive organs will have changed to accommodate potential breeding.

Interested to hear if other's have had a similar experience.

2. Blacky90

Blacky90 PetForums Junior

Sounds normal but keep an eye on it anyway just to be sure.

3. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

It's normal. If they stay enlarged once the season is over, then another couple of weeks, it could indicate a false pregnancy. Spaniels seem to be quite prone to them.

O2.0 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice