Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

bichon newbee

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dungo33, Aug 10, 2009.

1. dungo33

dungo33 PetForums Newbie

hi everybody and pets ,we have an 9 week old bichon frise joined our family just one week ago.her name was (arbucles tell me about it belle du jour) but we called her ROXY just could:nt see me shouting her indoors without getting a sore throat LOL.i have;nt had a dog for years just cats so hopefully you guys will help me out with any problems ,we have a cat of 10 years and she isnt happy about the new addittion but has not shown any aggression towards the puppy which is great.what a loving confident little dog she is bonding to us all.iv spent all weekend dog proofing the garden which didnt go down well with the cat yet again but i make sure she not missing out on uor love ,well this is my first post on any network site so any hellos would be great ,got to go now some little bundle of fluff hase woke up and wants my attension

2. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

hi and welcome to the forum, congrats on your new pup, look forward to seeing pics.:)

3. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Hiya and welcome :D

4. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Welcome to PF xxx

5. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to PF...hope you enjoy your stay..:D

6. Rainbowlover

Rainbowlover PetForums Newbie

hello welcome, and congratulations on having a wonderful ball of fluff.
    we are the proud parents of Toby, our 6 and a half year old bichon male. they are wonderful friends and they do thrive from attention, as they wee originally bred as circus dogs you find you will be able to train the puppy very easily. they are very intelligent dogs, as well as being a little bit dull occassionally, lol happy times ahead. xx

7. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome.:D

We have two Bichons, a male aged 5 years and a female puppy who is 17 weeks. They are great little dogs and loads of personality.
    Can't wait to see some pictures of Roxy.:D

8. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

I need pictures!!!!!!!!:D We have been thinking about a Bichon for our 2nd dog.

My sister lived near a woman with 2 bichons. She would bring them in the car when she would go to the shops. She left them in the car as they did not like stangers. They VERY quickly learned that if they both stood on the horn it would embarass her into coming out to take them home.

9. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

Welcome to the forum

10. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I hope she doesn't leave them in the car when it's hot because it doesn't take long for a dog to die in a hot car.:(

Yes they are quick learners when it suits them. :laugh:

11. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to PF..;)

12. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

:confused:

Of course she doesn't. Anyone with half a brain cell knows that now and considering this woman gave up work to be with her dogs (!!!) I've no doubt these dogs are her entire life.

I still can't work out how there is still even a single death a year from dogs being left in a hot car. It just absolutely baffles me. :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice