Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bichon lumps on both testicles query

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by amy382391, Aug 19, 2009.

1. amy382391

amy382391 PetForums Newbie

Sorry bout the title didnt really know how to start this query off..
    My bichon is 1 year old, and around 5 months old his bits started to develop and i noticed that both his testicles had a slight lump on - but they looked the same and i wasnt worried too much as i thought that it could be normal.
    In the mean time i have been taking him to our puppy parlour for trims etc and i asked the owner whether she thought it was anything to worry about as she has lots of dogs pass through - she wasnt overly fussed. however today when i picked him up from the parlour she advise me to get to the vets to get hime checked out... I have got an appt for tomorrow already but just wanted to know whether anyone had ever experienced anything with their dogs like this in the past or ideas about diagnosis?

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I know the shape of the testicles can make them look like they have a lump, as they are quite literally plum shaped, with a slightly raised lump at the end, but im not sure if this would show through the scrotum. Is it more a skim lump or something that is internal?

Do you have a picture at all?

I think you are doing the right taking him to the vets. Fingers crossed its nothing serious.

3. amy382391

It is exactly like that raised at the end but i would say it is more exagerated - i will get pic and post on but its been there from as early as i can recall and i suppose i just classed it as 'normal' for him as its not developed any more or less since he was a pup really...
    i'll let you know how the vets go tomorrow too..my fingers, legs and toes are all crossed its ok...

4. bucksmum

bucksmum PetForums Senior

Hi, i remember having the exact same worry as you with my first male dog.
    Sounds awful but i spent all evening with him on my lap fiddling with his plums!

What you describe sounds normal,the dog i just mentioned has just passed away aged 17 and still had the same shape right up to the end,bless him.

5. amy382391

Well firstly thank you for replies on this...

good news I went to the vets this evening and all is ok... he did say he'd never quite seen a pair like it but it just made him more unique:) He gave thorough check too so thankfully all ok.

Once again thanks to all who replied:)

6. bucksmum

bucksmum PetForums Senior

Pleased you had good news :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice