Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

bichon frise - help needed with toilet training

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by djkr2004, Jun 27, 2009.

1. djkr2004

djkr2004 PetForums Newbie

Hi any ideas?

Our new little addition to our family is 9 weeks old and has had a few accidents.

We have done what all the books etc say ie taking him out first thing/after meals etc but he just seems to either run around or go to sleep. He goes to the toilet when he feels like it and there is no pattern or warning?

He is really happy, eating and fine sleeping of a night!

Help!

2. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

Firstly i going to laugh lol sorry, i own three adult bichons, i know they are hard pups to toilet train lol. Ok, at nine weeks, dunno if it is able to go outdoors yet but the quicker you can take it for walks at night and at regular times the quicker its gonna be to toilet train. Regular times and places is what bichons tend to like as do most dogs, but bichons tend to be creatures of habit. They also have this thing where as they have a wee so you think its all gone,,,,,,,,,,,,,believe me they dont do it all i one go when they little, its only my adult girls that do that, my adult male will hold some back incase he feels like marking anything, even if he is just having a wee in the garden. Sometimes you just got to stay outside with them until you know its has all gone even if they scratching to get back in or its raining persevere, they will soon know they got to do the lot in order to get back inside lol, good luck, it takes time.:D

3. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

We have a Bichon Frise bitch who is 11 weeks old tomorrow. We have only had her a week and she's doing quite well with her house training. I always take her out in the garden as soon as she wakes up, or has had something to eat and she's quite good and will wee and poo in the garden. She has the odd accident but not much now. Maybe bitches are easier than males to house train because our male took while he was 8 months.:eek:

I would go in the garden with him and keep him out until he does wee or poo and then give him loads and loads of praise when he does and do this everytime and I think he will soon get the message.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice