Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bibi update (sorry not been here for a while)

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by ella, Jan 17, 2012.

1. ella

ella PetForums VIP

Hi everyone

I'm really sorry not to have updated until now, especially after all the support when Bibi went missing (Thread 'Postman left the catflap open - cat's missing)

When I took Bibi for her check-up at the vet after her escapade, he found a grade 4 heart murmur (6 is highest!):eek: and I must admit I went into a bit of a spin.

Anyway, further tests have ruled out anything for now (turns out vet just did some extra cardiac training and knew possible causes, and what tests to do, and did it in-house thankfully), but we will be monitored for a while. (I'm trying to think positively, that the escape has led to getting her checked out by a cardiac biassed vet, who we wouldnt normally see in the practice).

I'm in dispute with Royal Mail about recovering costs incurred - I cant go into too much detail at the mo, but will let you know more when I can;)

Meanwhile, little Miss Bibi has been amazing - she has come out of her shell and is a really sociable little girl, who is loving her home life now. I'm attributing it in no small part to RC Calm food, which has calmed her down immensely = not so jumpy or shy, not sleeping for hours under my bed, and able to greet me and other visitors to the house with a head rub (and a kiss for me:)) She only goes into the back garden when I am home - cat flap is fully sealed off - and seems very happy with that.

Anyway, I thought you might like a pic of her little gorgeousness (my niece calls her Bibilicious), and here she is - laying on her back in her basket, awaiting tummy rub

Attached Files:

2. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

So pleased things are going well with Bibi and she has come out of her shell, especially after her little adventure :)

Love the pic, she's a gorgeous :001_wub: girlie :)

3. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

Good to see you back :)

Bibi is looking as adorable as ever :001_wub:

4. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

How cute she is! :001_wub:
    It's funny, I was just thinking the other day about Bibi and wondering how you and she were doing. So happy to hear she's come out of her shell and she looks so very happy.

5. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

Aw she's lovely :) so glad she's settled in x

6. Ingrid25

Ingrid25 PetForums VIP

thats great news! she is gorgeous by the way:D

7. merlin12

merlin12 PetForums VIP

She is one happy cat.

8. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

wonderful to have you back.. Bibi is just too cute for words.. she is a very happy baby, thanks to you!
    :D
    stay positive, we all have Bibi in our hearts and thoughts x

9. Etienne

Etienne Dad to Puss and Shadow

Thank you for the update ella.
    I am so glad things are working out fine for you and Bibi :)

10. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

'Bibilicious' looks so relaxed :001_wub: Hope all goes well with the heart monitoring and that it's not too serious.
    Good luck with Royal Mail too :thumbup1:

11. missnaomi

missnaomi PetForums VIP

She is lovely!
    Naomi x

12. ella

ella PetForums VIP

Thanks everyone.

She is such a sweetie pie, her favourite bed is on the upstairs landing in a basket, and as soon as I step on the squeaky step, she rolls over for a long bellly rub - I never thought she'd relax that much and its fantastic.

Even with all the tests at the vet (she had ECG, bloods, and ultrasounds on one day - and had to be shaved for it) the vet and the nurses said she was really lovely and pretty relaxed, bearing in mind what she was having done - no scratching or nastiness.

Also - she has started to develop a little vocal miaow, where it was a crackly miaow before.

I know I'm biassed but I think her escape has made her even more precious to me....

e

13. Jenni84

Jenni84 PetForums Newbie

She's lovely!

14. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

I must have missed the bit where you had found her.
    I am so pleased that you have got her back and that she is settling down again.:D
    Nice to hear a Happy Ending!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice