Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Betty Met The Boys (Cats) This Evening

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by sskmick, Aug 21, 2013.

1. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

Her initial reaction was totally different to Barneys. She really freaked out thumped and made it to their run in about three hops, I've never seen her run so fast she jumped completely over Barney.

Barney remembered the cats and they remembered him. He laid flat out right at the side of their pen. They all had a sniff of each other, one of the cats pushed his paw out underneath the pen and touched Barney, Barney wasn't phased at all (the cats claws were retracted). We don't have photos because we were totally focused on them, making sure they were all safe.

Betty started to relax and ventured to the pen, the cats actually stayed high in the pen. It really was as though they let her explore without frightening her. tbh she will awaken their prey drive because she is so skittish, whereas Barney is very laid back. Maybe in time she will settle and not be so skittish.

Seeing Barney with his friends was lovely and the boys seemed really pleased to see him. They haven't been that close in over a year. :001_wub:

2. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

Fingers crossed all of them can live next to each other in happiness;)
    Seems like Barney already has new old friends ...Betty will be fine but it is something new for her so she needs to used to them.
    Miles hates Hoover at that moment so we sweep the floor instead:rolleyes:

3. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

The cats and Barney have always been okay (with the cat pen between them). Barney's hutch and especially his run use to sit quite close to the cat pen and he would choose to go to the cats when I let him out into the garden.

As you say its a new experience for Betty. She will either choose to ignore them and give the cat pen a wide berth or she will become as confident as Barney and greet the cats.

They don't have to actually live together as such, its only when the buns are in the garden, chances are the cats will be in their pen. This morning when I fed the buns, I could see all three cats sitting on the kitchen window ledge, waiting for me to open the window.

I feel all my pets are happy now, as you say Betty just needs a little more time to adjust. :)

4. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

Oh how cute (cats sitting on window ledge):) cats are so funny-we cannot have any due to Richards allergy but our previous neighbours had 6 and all of them were coming to our garden-Charlie used to sit on the bonet of my car in winter -he was lying on Brick fence and wait for me to come back from work! Lee used to sit outside patio door and look into our house! So funny!
    Regarding to bunnies-it is strange as Betty seems like confident girl. I founded very interesting that my bunnies who I call "terrorist" (terrorise others) are the one who are scared of washing machine, Hoover etc.
    Bunnies who are quite relaxed -dont care! Those little terrorists seem quite confident to bossy others around but coming to other stuff they run first to their hutches and hide!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice