Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Better pics - I am actually quite chuffed with how good these look!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by spid, Oct 3, 2013.

1. spid

spid PetForums VIP

So on advice I bought a 'reborn' doll for my photos - found a cheap one (the price some go for is incredible - but then some people seem to have them instead of children - a cat would be better imo) Anyhoo, took a few photos this morning and boy do they make the difference!

Attached Files:

2. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

Oooh, you're right, that does make a big difference :)

Do you have a website/FB page yet? My best friend has just had her second and is a major hippy, I can't promise anything, but I think these might appeal :)

3. spid

spid PetForums VIP

4. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

Cheers, sent her the link :)

5. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

Saw a tv programme about those 're-born' dolls once. There were two women featured - one was a rich b!tch - up her own bum who spent more on these damn dolls and designer baby clothes for them than many a small third world country has for its gross national product. She went to (I think) America for a fortnight or something to buy a particular doll, and spent a week and a half in a hotel room bonding(!!!!!) with the 'baby, only to find that there was a crack in the back of its head, and she then got into a big arguement with the doll maker about getting her money back - and of course because she had 'bonded' (hahahahahaha - er, sorry) she was 'emotionally distraught' etc etc etc - can't rmember if she got reimbursed. I didn't like her, though you wouldn't guess that from what I have written here, as I am amazingly good at hiding my loathing of stupid people.

The other was just very, very sad. She was an older lady. Her unmarried daughter had had a baby boy and she'd looked after him for two years, full-time, most of the week, and then her daughter had met a bloke, married him, and gone to live in Australia taking her little lad with her. Grannie was distraught. She had a doll specially made using photographs of her grandson as a newborn as a model, and spent her time cuddling and dressing and this doll, and walking round with it in a pram, putting it in a cot at night etc. I could have cried for her. It was very unhealthy, but so desperately sad. She missed that little lad so much.

BACK ONTO YOUR THREAD - your hats do show very well on a 'baby'

6. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Aw, I feel very sad for that Grandma. :crying: Poor lady.

7. metame

metame PetForums VIP

They're looking fabulous!

8. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

Oh I love them! I want, I want! I love the first three the best. I can't decide! I will order, just waiting on some funds... :)

9. spid

spid PetForums VIP

No probs - I have a few to knit up - I'm working on some new designs too so you might want to wait a little as yours are for children.

10. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

Oh brilliant... Ill keep my eye out!
    :)

11. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

*sigh* I've been hunting for my tape measure all week (so I can measure my silly head so it can have a lovely warm hat to go on it) and I can't find it :(

I have mince head (partly down to medical condition & partly due to the meds to control it) and my short term memory is absolutely appalling :eek: BUT because of that, I'm usually pretty good at putting things back where they belong when I use them .... obviously not the last time I used the tape measure! :eek:

Will be having a good hunt at the weekend .... it has to be somewhere!

12. fierceabby

fierceabby PetForums VIP

If I get pregnant next year (as is the plan) I will buy the middle hat off you!

13. spid

spid PetForums VIP

I can always make a generic female adult hat. Unless you are like me and have a mans sized head it should fit.
    Just let me know and I will knit you up one.

14. sharonbee

sharonbee PetForums VIP

They look really good, the reborn doll makes a good model, so glad you found one.:)

15. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

:D If I can't find it in another couple of days ..... I'll go for that!

16. Valanita

Valanita PetForums VIP

The hats are great, but I loath those reborn dolls, they are really creepy.

17. spid

spid PetForums VIP

They are indeed rather horrid - this one isn't too bad - obviously a cheap version. However, fantastic for staging the hats on. They look SO much better and it gives scale beautifully.

I will say, I don't cuddle it, kiss it, brush it's hair or even like it, and apart from a brief wash when it came, to make sure it was clean and therefore wouldn't soil my hats, I barely look at it. My daughter says it is creepy and I agree. However, the lack of newborn REAL babies is a hard one to counter. It is a photo-prop only.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice