Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Betta's ... Q

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jul 14, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

What can they live with??

I have always wanted another one. I was sold one After telling the guy I had guppies :eek: (back when I didn't know much!) and it ate them all :(
    Swapped it at a local pet shop for some more guppies.
    It was a lovely blue with red one, and I would love another.

I currently have guppies, but I am for a change when I get my 4ft tank up.

Can a betta live with- mollies and platys?
    What about neon tetras and plecs?

x

2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Anyone know?

3. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

I'm not sure about Bettas, but the general rule of thumb is if a fish is small enough to fit in anothers fish's mouth then it'll make a tastey snack.

My brother found this out when adding danios to a tank with huge goldfish in it.

4. Amy-manycats

Amy-manycats PetForums Senior

TBH Betta's do pretty well in smaller tanks 30-60l. I would mix then with small corys in small tanks (hastatus hasbrosus pygmaeus etc) you could mix them with any larger Corys (any available) Brochis, Otocinclus. Tetras can be a little nippy at the Betta and the Betta will go for anything too flashy (Guppies rainbows) Danios are too quick and aggressive. What did you have in mind. I cannot reccoment enought keeping them seperate from a main community like a 4ft tank. I would not reccomend cichlids (I did keep one with a breeding pair of Crenicara Filamentosa though just luck I think plenty of territory in an emergency)

What kind of fish do you like?

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I might convince my OH that I need 2 fish tanks....
    Then I could put my current tank in the kitchen, and have a Betta with something you mentioned, and have my 4ft as a community tank then :)

I think I will put my 2.5 ft tank into storage for a while though until I am happy with my 4ft then think about setting it up for a Betta and some Cory's.

x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice