Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Betsy & Bella

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by B3rnie, Oct 27, 2012.

1. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

I can't believe they have been here nearly two weeks now, time has just flown by :eek:

Tonight Betsy decided it was time to be brave, and for the first time she ventured out of the cage for a run :D
    Typical that tonight is the very night I can't find my good camera :rolleyes: But I managed to get a couple pics on my phone :D

Betsy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bella
    [​IMG]

And a short vid, their cage is a bit bare because the hammocks are in the wash and the cage is just temp, it is the one they came in.
    [youtube_browser]Mu2YDSlRfN4[/youtube_browser]

2. Laura123

Laura123 PetForums Senior

Yeeaahhhh !!!! Well done for brave Betsy.
    Laura XXXX

3. polishrose

polishrose PetForums VIP

That's really good progress :)

4. Wobbles

Wobbles Banned

Aww their adorable. Making me miss mine now:(. Abby used to climb up on the windowsill whilst free running and he once managed to switch the TV off:p I got into a lot of trouble when we realised he'd chewed the dining room table though:eek:. Do they let you catch them when their free running like that? Can you hold them at all? Also your bunnies are gorgeous, so friendly, how do you get them like that? My neths are mental and won't stay and be petted like yours do.

5. WelshYorkieLover

WelshYorkieLover PetForums VIP

they are lush!

6. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Bella is quite happy to be held, but Betsy is still a little bit too nervous. They will both bound all over me but if I restrict them then they get worried. But that should get better with time and patience.

As for the buns, it is just all about patience. I have spent many hours just sat on the floor ignoring them, after a while curiosity takes over and then they realise I'm not going to try to catch them so they don't run.
    Oh that and the fact that I'm the "Great treat giver" :p

7. Wobbles

Wobbles Banned

Thank you, I will try that with the buns, their both pretty crazy over food so maybe I can bribe them! You chins sound typical of how mine were, mine would bounce about around me but would run off if I tried to pick them up:(. My second one was better as he was hand-reared, but neither liked being held for long. Your lucky to have one that likes being held.

8. peter0

peter0 PetForums VIP

They are so cute! I wanna hug them:eek:

9. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

awww I've never seen chins running about, they look as big as a small bunny :)

10. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

They are about the same size as properly bred nethies :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice