Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Best years!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by animallover111, Jul 9, 2009.

1. animallover111

After just reading Turkeylads post got me thinking......(ouch)
    which have been the best years of your life up to now and why...?????
    Mine have been 30yrs til now........just because on my 30th birthday i realised i had finally grown up and my life changed,my priorites,my dreams and hopes....... :)

2. gorgeous

gorgeous PetForums VIP

What a good thread!

My best years are now! mid 20s. Living in London, no commitments, could do with a job but hey that will come at some stage.

Mind you Wetherspoon do some good deals so i am okay!

3. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

My best years were probably 13-18. They always say your school years are the best :)

4. kath123

kath123 Guest

My best years are actually this year, had a crap childhood with divorced parents and a mum that was drink dependent, then my mum died when i was 16.

Spent years afterwards off my head!!! On my own with no family as nobody cared. Met my kids father and spent 5 years of my life being physically abused by him.

Lost my dad when i was 26 years old.

Now i am 32yrs old, i have found the man that is my world, my soulmate, my best friend.

I have 2 wonderful children and am getting married next year, have adopted a lovely family in my fiance's family, so am not on my own anymore. I have a good job and a wonderful outlook on life which i could never of dreamt i would have.

xxxx

These are the best years of my life right now.

5. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Looking back,and i've got some years to look back at lol. The school thread got me thinking (not about school) but how great life was.:D:D

6. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

16 to 25 and then you just get old

7. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Age is just a number.:D:D

8. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

From the age of 18 when i left home. :D

9. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

The best years of my life are now!

I'm happily single, comfortable in my own body, confident in life, have 2 wonderful children that are growing up beautifully, a good job, great friends and last, but definately not least, have my 2 gorgeous dogs :) :) :)

10. animallover111

Gosh i must be ancient at 33yrs old :eek: :eek:
    I agree Janice :D though got to admit i would hate to be back in my twenties again and 16 was a terrible age for me im dreading my children at that age :cursing: :cursing:

11. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

My life started to change when i was 38 when i felt i had to try to be 'normal' and give myself one shot at life. Didn't know if i'd make it but if i was going to die, i wanted to be able to say to myself "at least i tried".

I still have bad days and i find life difficult sometimes but i'm getting there, finding out who i am and what i want from life, turning new corners and facing fresh challenges all the time (im a perfectionist so this has been hard).

I've learnt to drive (not that keen Lol), learnt to ski (which i love), i can make a phone call (albeit on my own hidden behind the door) and i can approach a stranger to ask a question..... so many things people take for granted or find so simple

Im learning...................so hopefully my best years are waiting for me :D

#11 Dylan & Daisy, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  12. animallover111

You should be so proud,you are a very specail lady xxx :)

13. Dylan & Daisy

yep im sorta proud of myself but im not special, just me :eek: but thanks hun xxxx

Im learning to do lots of things many people take for granted and things other's find so simple.....but for me it's been a huge struggle, ive found them difficult, scary even but if i never try, i'll never know what it feels like to be 'normal' ;)

14. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

[​IMG]

You're obviously a very special lady

Ellie x

15. Dylan & Daisy

Aww thank you :blushing::blushing::blushing:

16. kayz

kayz PetForums VIP

I would have to say that mine are now. I have 2 gorgeous boys, a lovely hubby and apart from not being able to drive I am very happy!

But I did love school.

17. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

I think thats a lovely thing to say especially after everything you have gone through x

You can only go from strength to strengh x

My best years were my childhood I think, if only we could see into the future back then I would change alot.

18. kath123

kath123 Guest

Thank you hun, i never thought i would say it either. xx

19. silly gilly

silly gilly PetForums Member

Mine are now, I'm fabulous 50. have finally grown comfortable in my skin. have a wonderful o/h of 7 years, a brilliant son and daughter in law who have given me a beautiful grandson. I have 3 dogs, 8 horses and ponies and fantastic friends. I feel busy and fulfilled and little things like having a few wrinkles are not important any more. I nearly bought it with a brain haemorrage 10 years ago and since then I am very grateful for everything and appreciate the simple things of life. I used to think 50 was over the top but I can assure you its not as said age is just a number:)

20. charlie9009

charlie9009 PetForums Senior

This is a hard one!

I had a bad child hood, although not as bad as some. I hated school, and was bullied through most of it. My life after I left school wasn't very good either, due to all the wierdo men I seem to attract! I would probably have to say about a year after I met my OH, for the last 5 years. When we first met I was suffering quite bad from depression. He has helped me through that and I love him so much. We have a beautiful little boy now. We have had problems, as everyone does, and we have one stress or another going on, but despite all that I am still happy being with him, and wouldn't change a thing! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice