Best Wellies For Long Countryside Dog Walks?

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by jason0807, Dec 5, 2017.

1. jason0807

jason0807 PetForums Newbie

Hi, Can anyone recommend any really good wellies that are comfortable, warm and good for long dog walks in the countryside? I currently have a pair of walking boots, which have been fantastic but not good for shin deep mud, which I find myself in some days when trenching across the Oxfordshire countryside.

I've heard that Aigle Wellies are a good brand to invest in and I've seen some of these Aigle wellies from Webury - but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions.

Thanks,

2. labradrk

labradrk PetForums VIP

I highly recommend the Aigle boots. I've had mine for about 5 years now and they are perfect still. Wouldn't use anything else!

3. joface

joface PetForums Member

Aigle for me too, I have the Parcours ones that a fur lined & very toastie in winter. Extremely comfortable and great for long days out walking as they have technology in the foot to stop fatigue.

I've also got some Ariat Windermere leather knee high country boots which are waterproof, comfy & look great, even when muddy, they clean up really well and will last years

4. joface

joface PetForums Member

I've also invested in a pair of shoe covers that I slip on before entering peoples homes to save me having to take boots on & off, saves me hours (well a minute or so but when you're on a schedule......)

rona, Dr Pepper and Darrell Jones like this.
  5. Ownedbymany

Ownedbymany PetForums Senior

Aigle here too. They offer the most support I've found in wellies.

They still aren't supportive enough for my feet as I have a few issues but they should be fine for most people.

I only use them in areas where there is really deep mud and puddles and stick to my walking boots and waterproof socks the rest of the time.

6. magpie

magpie PetForums VIP

I went through about 6 pairs of Aigle boots in two years because they just kept splitting. Can't fault the customer service as they replaced them every time, and eventually gave me my money back when I asked for it as I got fed up of them only lasting a few months. Bought some Muck boots after that and they have been fantastic, I can comfortably wear them all day long.

7. westernmost

westernmost PetForums Newbie

When I was buying new boots recently, I did take a look at the "prestige" brands in the hope that they might have significantly higher quality than the run-of-the-mill products. However, despite positive reviews for Aigle and other brands on Amazon UK, a closer look left me with the strong impression that a significant percentage of all boots split or develop holes, irrespective of price.

With that in mind, I bought "Percussion" neoprene Muck boot equivalents (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172271038899) which are warm, comfortable and about half the price of the Parcours I had been looking at. I did need to put in an insole to get the fit just right, as they don't seem to do half sizes. They are not what you'd call elegant, but I have walked for miles on them without discomfort. I do realise that there are many happy Aigle owners out there, though - each to their own.