Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Best weedkillers

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cazza1974, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

As the title says, what are the best weedkillers around? I was told Round up is the best. It would primarily be for my paths and the concrete bit at the bottom of the garden. Oh and something that is animal friendly as well.

2. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Here's a post from a while ago which my mum did...

It all depends on where you need to use it. If its in the beds and borders you should use a systemic weedkiller which is absorbed through the leaves and taken down to the roots and kills the weed, only negative is the time it takes to work, up to two weeks and stubborn weeds may need a second application but by far the best was to go. Products such as roundup or resolva are very good. You will pay much more for a RTU version and the concentrates do work out to be much cheaper in the long run. You have to be careful using the above products and make sure it doesn't go on any plants you want to keep. If you just have an area to be cleared and don't want to plant this area then use a product called total ground clear.

3. Roundup is was the best! but you cannot buy it anymore from stores now (you can still buy a watered down version and it's cr*p)

You can however still get the proper stuff from an agricultural merchant! but it ain't cheap .

4. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Sodium chlorate is the best for paths etc...kills quickly.Banned now though...I don't know why, additives have made it useless for bomb making.

5. Maybe cause it self ignites!
    They used to srpay it years ago and it would catch fire!!:eek:

6. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

It already had suppressants in it when I bought my last batch last year.Made a bomb with it and sugar when I was a kid...How some of us daft kids survived is a miracle...some didn't.

#6 poohdog, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  7. Beebuks

Beebuks PetForums Member

Plain old house hold vinegar? Poor it on the weed and it shrivels it up in sunshine - animal friendly too- i have the same problem it has to be children and pet friendly! google it - that's what i did!!

8. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

Plain old house hold vinegar? Poor it on the weed and it shrivels it up in sunshine - animal friendly too- i have the same problem it has to be children and pet friendly! google it - that's what i did!!

Might try this one :)

9. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Round Up and Weedall is supposed to be good and pet friendly too.????

10. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

Agent Orange is about the best you can get your hands on. Just be careful not to get it on your hands! ;)

11. borderer

borderer Guest

they used that in vietnam it kills people as well as weeds:lol::lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice