UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I use vacuum bags (the kind people use to store towels, clothes etc) I put the bag of dog food inside and suck all the air out with the hoover. I got mine from asda though so they arnt very good (they leak). I want some better quality bags. I have an air tight container, i take a weeks supply out and seal the bag up. Genious idea even if i do say so myself :D

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
i use the food storage bins given away by the dog food companies. helps if yo have a nice friendly shop owner who'll let you have one ;). A 15k bag fits nicely in them. the JWB are the best if you can get hold of one.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I bought a blue food grade storage tub with a round rubber lid sealed with a metal rim clamp, i can store 30kgs in the size i have and it is kept outside all year round on a little platform to raise off ground and allow air to circulate. I cover it with a bbq type cover to keep water from it. I then decant enough for a few days for both dogs into a clip type sealed tub to keep in the kitchen.

·
Registered
16,253 Posts
i use the food storage bins given away by the dog food companies. helps if yo have a nice friendly shop owner who'll let you have one ;). A 15k bag fits nicely in them. the JWB are the best if you can get hold of one.
Snap! (except mine's an Eukanuba one - which is something I've never fed to either dogs or cats!)

How big are the bags?

If smaller than 15kg, you can get good quality storage (airtight) tubs at £stretcher if you hunt around in the loads they've got - I use these for the cats and they take a 4kg bag. HTH

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We've got some dog food storage bins from PAH at the moment but they aren't air tight, I was going to order more but wondered if I'd be better off buying an airtight container, I usually buy 4-6kg & it's opened for about 3-4 months

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.