Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Best way to scare off another cat :)??

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by sophoscar, May 12, 2010.

1. sophoscar

sophoscar PetForums VIP

What is the best way to scare off another cat from coming in my house and eating my cats food.

I've flicked water at him, hissed at him, shut the cat flap but he still comes back :(

Anyone got any other ideas please :)??

2. shutterspeed

shutterspeed PetForums Senior

Get a dog??
    Once we found a cat in a corner terrified. Our dogs were about to teach it coming in was not a very good idea.
    If you have only one cat, you could think of getting a catflap with a code collar.

3. sophoscar

sophoscar PetForums VIP

Not allowed a dog :(
    Dad wont put another cat flap in...plus the fact i think if my cat had a microchipped one he would loose the collar :(

4. hawksport

hawksport Banned

one of these

5. sophoscar

sophoscar PetForums VIP

Hehe...dam wish my neighbour still had his

6. shutterspeed

shutterspeed PetForums Senior

some cats bring friends home, or don't mind strange cats in the house.
    You should scare it off but it should not see you, you could hide behind the corner and throw things I guess.

7. sophoscar

sophoscar PetForums VIP

Yesturday i came home from work to find a cat eating food and because i saw tabby markings i thought it was mine so i went round the table to have a look and to my surprise it was this other cat. It knows who i am as he's seen me :(. Also my cat chases it and tries to play with it...i dont mind my cat bringing friends home it's just when he eats my cat food :(

8. NEW2CATS

NEW2CATS PetForums VIP

They have obviously seen the latest whiskas advert :rolleyes:

I have found that just taking a quick step towards the stranger cat makes them run off when they are in my garden and harrassing Gizzy.

9. HoneyFern

HoneyFern PetForums VIP

We used to throw a cup of water over a cat that came in our house - he was starting fights in the middle of the night! It sounds harsh but at the end of the day it was only water and it works.

10. sophoscar

sophoscar PetForums VIP

I think he has :lol:

He came in last night as my cats dry food was empty and also no one had closed the cat flap :(

11. Blue Cat

Blue Cat PetForums Newbie

We had this problem and they only thing we could do was to put a cat flap with a magnet lock on it. Luckily we found one the same make as our existing one so it fitted the exact same size hole.

What it cost in a new cat flap we saved in cat food and once we did that the other cat stopped pestering our cat as well. Our cat has only lost the magnet / collar once (poor thing looked very sorry for herself sitting outside the cat flap not able to get in :( ) but you gat a couple of magnets so that was not too much of a problem

12. sophoscar

sophoscar PetForums VIP

Thank you :)...i have been looking into them but i've a got a feeling my cat will loose all his collars as he doesn't like.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice