Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Best way to feed wet and dry

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by TheWoodward, Sep 6, 2013.

1. TheWoodward

TheWoodward PetForums Member

Hi there
    So Ive started feeding my dog canagan kibble and natures menu frozen cubes and blocks.

Currently I'm mixing the two together and shes to be gobbling it all down but was wondering if it would be better if I fed the dry say in the evening and the cubes in the morning? Or is it better to mix them together?

Regards
    Abi

2. TheWoodward

Anyone give me some advice please?

3. Yomper

Yomper PetForums Member

First off congrats on feeding good food for you dog :) i have to bite my tongue at the shop when i see trolleys full of pedigree chum or bakers
    I have been through this same route. first we mixed them as you are but then we fed them as separate meals. Then we then went to 100% raw then back to 100% kibble!
    i wouldn't mix them together as i am sure they take different amounts of time to digest

4. TheWoodward

Thank you thats probably the first time someone said that, that made me feel good you saying that.

Ok thank you she seems to love both but will start feeding her them separately from now on. Can I ask how come you went back to kibble from raw?

5. winter

winter PetForums Senior

I feed my dog biscuit and meat separately.
    But if your dog is thriving and not suffering from any stomach problems I would carry on as you are as all dogs are different and what suits one doesn't suit another.

6. Yomper

Yomper PetForums Member

Well freezer space and convenience is probably why we went back to kibble. also his breath seem to smell quite a but more on just raw. i wtd to stay on raw but was outvoted to go back to kibble :(
    we feed orijen now but i would still be happy with canagan as he liked that food as well. he often gets raw chicken wings and sometimes raw steak so his not to badly deprived :)

7. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Many people say raw and kibble digest at different rates, though I sometimes feed them together without any problems. Mostly I feed a mix of Rocco (wet, cooked, meat) and kibble, with the rocco mashed up into warm water and the kibble stirred in so it's all coated.

Usually if I give a raw meal, it's not with kibble.

8. TheWoodward

I do have to agree the breath is rather smelly but I shall stick with it for now if it makes her allergies a little better

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice