Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Best Way ??? Help Fast please

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by scousecat08, Aug 22, 2013.

1. scousecat08

scousecat08 PetForums Newbie

Hi People..

Just got a kitten yesterday about 9 weeks old mrs has wanted one since we tried to help cat that was hit by a car. That cat lost all eyesight so it was best for the cat to go to the next life in the sky.

But our little kitten has used the tray for both jobs but done a number 2 in the bathroom and a number 1 on the bed. Was over the moon :(:( lol at the moment we a keeping to one room letting him out for play time but we want to have run of the house as we think it's a little bad keeping him in one room.

So what are some good tips to try ... Thanks :):)

2. Shadow And Lightning

Shadow And Lightning PetForums VIP

hiya, 9 weeks old is still quite young and this could be why you are having issues, the bed was a favourite place to wee when mine were younger, I simply started shutting them out the bedrooms and was fine.

hes fine having the run of the house provided theres nothing dangerous for him, and I would recommend having a litter tray both upstairs and downstairs, and keep them clean, empty number twos straight away etc or you will find they have accidents

3. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Personally I wouldn't let him have the run of the house UNLESS you put a litter tray in every room. He's a wee one and should really still be with mum. He's like a toddler only just toilet trained, when he needs to go, he needs to go and won't be able to get to the tray in time every time. SO lots of trays. And shut the doors to the bedroom; quilts are lovely and soft and many kittens are attracted to them.

Make sure he likes the litter too.

My 9 week old kittens are confined to the living room, no way are they ready to have the run of the house.

4. scousecat08

scousecat08 PetForums Newbie

Thanks for the reply's seems to be doing NO 2s in the box but don't seem to wee there be about 24 hours no weeing in the room as we keep in spare room so he don't hurt himself or does jobs around the house

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice