Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Best treatment for fleas!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by dinkydo, Jun 30, 2010.

1. dinkydo

dinkydo PetForums Newbie

Help, how do I get rid of fleas that seem to be every where in my house. I have two cats who like to choose whether they go out or indoors. They keep themselves very clean and we have tried different sprays in the house and on them to keep the fleas at bay but they are still here! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as we really dont like sharing our home with these nasty little blighters :)

2. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Years ago we used a spray called stay kill you spray the house all round the skirtings but have to go out for 4 hours and when you return open the windows. We used this along with frontline but of course this was a while back not sure if they still do the stay kill and its ok if you can get your cats out the house for the 4 hrs may not be practicle for you.

3. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

you can get 'bug bombs'

a cheap flea collar cut up and put in the hoover so you kill them as you hoover them up

frontline the cats

there are some 'shake n vac' style flea powders available too

4. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

I think if you have a real infestation then you need to pull out the big guns!
    Supermarket flea treatments are useless if not dangerous, even Frontline is no longer effective in many areas. Go to your vet and see what they dispense...Advocate or Advantage I think mine sell.
    Spray the whole house, top to bottom, nooks and crannies, gaps in floor boards with Indorex or RIP...again from vet.
    I have heard that the bug bombs can be good...or some people will even advise getting a proper pest control company in ( check with local council )
    Wash all soft furnishings...and hoover with old flea collar in the bag as advised above.
    Good luck.

5. dinkydo

dinkydo PetForums Newbie

Thankyou all so much for your prompt replies. Going on a mission now to get rid of the little blighters. I shall give you an update :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice