Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Best toys

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Cloudygirl, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl PetForums VIP

My boys are 3 and a bit now and Boo has calmed down but Jimby is playful as a kitten.

He loves kickers, balls especially soft ones, his mousey and I have a scratch post upstairs and down stairs. I have some wand toys which he loves but I'd like some more exciting toys for him where I can chill out as he follows me round all day and night wanting to play. Toys that don't take up much space would be good as I already have scratchers and posts in pretty much in every room and I only have a small terrace. They love da bird but they last 2 seconds as they run off with the feathers.

What toys do your cats love?

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Crumpled paper balls (especially ones made from envelopes, the kind with a cellophane window, very crinkly!)

The crimped caps that come off toothpaste tubes (washed first, of course)

The little clear caps that come off the squirt top of my face lotion

Plastic straws, the bendy ones, or straight ones tied in a knot

The plastic strip that comes off a frozen juice concentrate container (called scribble scrabbles in this house)

The long strings that come out of the hood of my hoodie sweatshirts

Crumpled cigarette packs (these are ancient because I quit smoking 14 years ago! But they still play with them)

Paper Bag Forts (cut handles)

Cardboard Box Forts

Brown Packing Paper Forts

Little balls made from fur combed off themselves

[​IMG]

And an absolute favorite interactive Game is the Frisbee Game. For some reason, chasing these little Frisbees is the best fun EVER. I get these in the dollar store:

[​IMG]...[​IMG]

I rotate some toys, and Forts, and others are left out all the time. The Frisbee Game, for example I will bring out and play it every day for a week, then put them away for a few months, before bringing it out again.

3. CharlieChaplin

CharlieChaplin PetForums VIP

Sorry I don't have an amazing toy which would be perfect! My two are pretty simple and love the toy mice I get from my Happy kitty food order and my rug :confused5: for some unknown reason!

Have you got this dangly duck?
    Interactive Cat Toys: great selection at zooplus

Or this:
    Trixie Crazy Mouse with Interchangeable Toys | Free P+P on orders £25+ at zooplus!

this is going to be my twos xmas present!

I also have a fun board for their treats
    Great deals on cat toys and accessories at zooplus: Trixie Cat Activity Fun Board

Try this thread for some great ideas (which is where mine above come from :p)

http://www.petforums.co.uk/cat-chat/313364-keeping-indoor-cats-entertained.html

4. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

The two best toys my boys have is a laser pen and the Da Bird.

They will play with just about anything, that flies or crawls. :eek:

5. Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl PetForums VIP

6. CharlieChaplin

CharlieChaplin PetForums VIP

Have a look at my above post ;)

I have that dangly duck which goes up sporadically in my house. I move it around sometimes in our living room door way, sometimes on the curtain pole by the back doors.

My two did play with it and it did provide them some fun, however mine are not the most playful of cats.

I know another forum member mentioned they had one too. For the price I think it would be silly not to!

My two also went mad for this http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_toys/cat_dangler/feathers/137344

But it broke very quickly! I taped it back together

7. robedha

robedha PetForums Member

Willow's favourites
    [​IMG]

She especially loves the candy bar and fights with it and carries it around. It probably helps that I use a catnip spray on it every few days. She also loves the really dirty knitted ball she came home from the shelter with.
    She goes through the tunnel with such force she skids along the laminate floor and crashes into walls. It's also a good place to watch Millie from.
    I'm still working on the play thing with Millie. She still does not get it.

8. Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl PetForums VIP

I've had about 10 of those and an actual da bird but they break in 2 seconds and I have to chase them round the house with feathers in their mouth lol

Which not good at the moment as I still can't run.

9. Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl PetForums VIP

Anyone else with toy suggestions?

10. Mirx3

Mirx3 PetForums VIP

Best toys you can give your kitties are the toys you make yourself, Then you know what goes in them, What the cat likes/dislikes and what it is made of and you get the satisfaction of the cat enjoying something you've made! :)

I bought my boys toys before but they all fell apart and were chewed up easily, So any toys my boys get, they are homemade now. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice