Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

best thing you have ever bought . . . .

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kerrybramble, Jul 22, 2009.

1. kerrybramble

kerrybramble PetForums VIP

for your dog??

i am keeping one of my dogs puppies and wanted to spoil him with a few things so was wondering what was the best thing you have ever bought for you babies??

kerry x

2. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Mum's let you have one then?

How are the babies, i haven't been on your thread in some time.

3. kerrybramble

kerrybramble PetForums VIP

as long as everything goes to plan he's mine lol! bought him collar and lead today :D they are all good (albeit little monsters!)

4. Savahl

Savahl Guest

mine is his TTouch tshirt and calming band. he has a winter shirt and a summer one ;)

Buster was attacked as a puppy whilst on lead on 3 occassions :/ once by a JRT, once by 2 territorial GSD's (no blood drawn but he was very shaken, i had to pick him up) and once by out of control SBT and EBT (Not an attack per say but loose in the street and extremely over boisterous and rough, and he by this time was very dog nervous!)

These resulted in him being fear aggressive when on the lead to other dogs :( After a lot of desensitisation he was getting better, but the shirt and band kept him calm enough for long enough periods that we were able to go to training classes and agility, and we were able to build up his positive associations with dogs.

There was a noticeable difference with and without the shirt, I tested as I was sceptical, but now I believe it helped tenfold :)

5. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

For Bess it was a her fluffy teddy, that was ruined with in a day! It taught her how to play :D
    For Chester it was the halti, he has a tumour on his neck (full of fluid nothing else) and the normal collar lead used to rub on it, the halti goes around it letting him breathe better :D

6. rotts05

rotts05 PetForums Member

For Maggie May I think it has to be a regular supply of bones from the butchers. Keeps her teeth gleaming and has helped sooo much with her destruction as a pup. Kongs and treat balls are invaluable too.

7. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

for Bracken it would have to be his cuddly toys, especially his big octopus that is shown on my avatar pics, he loves it and cuddles with it. He has a big box of a variety of cuddly toys but will always choose his octopus.

8. kenla210

kenla210 PetForums Senior

Cuddly toys and ball thrower...

Although Daisy has a teething blanket which we gave to her the same day she came home, she sucks it every night and throws it around in the day. She pines for it when it is in the wash, so consequently it doesn't get washed very often (I think it was blue once LOL). Could NOT be without it!

Have looked everywhere for a duplicate for when this finally becomes so manky that I have to get rid of it, but to no avail, I can only find them abroad, and pets at home stopped stocking them :( :(

So if anyone knows where I can get a "Bamboo" baby blue teething blanket for puppies, please let me know!! :)

9. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

For Harvey it would have to be his cuddly toys and his kong and treat ball :D His favourite cuddly toy is his blenheim cavvy which is a collectors edition soft toy but he got his paws on it one day and that was that! :)

10. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Teddies, it's all my two ever want!

11. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

For my short-coated dog that feels the cold, it's her Obtrack Skyrell? coat. It's made of waterproof polartec fabric, breathable, has 4-way stretch so she can wear it for agility training, you can put it on a wet dog and she is warm while she dries out through it. Cost more than the dog! (but she was only fifty quid)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice