UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I was just wondering what the best raw food is for coat condition?

Thanks

·
Banned
12,847 Posts
It's all good! It's normally the cereals and fillers in commercial food that can give bad coats and itchy skin, so cutting all that out alone is normally enough action to see a huge improvement in coat condition.

If you have a VERY sensitive dog however, beef may need to be avoided as this can sometimes be problematic for dogs with skin issues.

Plenty of oily fish - salmon, mackerel, sardines, sprats etc - is especially beneficial.

·
Registered
154 Posts
agree with all of the above but you can also supplement their diet with salmon oil from fish4dogs.

i swear by the stuff. i even gave 100ml of my 500ml to a friend who has 2 commercially fed whippets and within a few days their coats had totally changed and both were silky smooth and shiny just like my boy.

·
Registered
856 Posts
My raw fed dogs look great but my big dog wasn't quite shiny enough :eek: but since increasing his liver quantities he is VERY shiney ;)

I have found no change in their coats since dropping the salmon oil :)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for your replies. they are already on a raw diet but my white dogs just never seen shiny!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.