UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just got two rescue kittens yesterday, and I was wondering what the best thing for them to eat is.

They are currently on a mix of the wet and dry James Wellbeloved food- sharing a pouch of wet food morning and evening, and the dry food down during the day (about 75g between them).

Is this a good food/amount? Is there any that you would recommend?

Also, is it a good idea to keep swapping and changing foods, or should I let them settle on this first before I change brand?

Thanks!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't know much about food amounts but mine have half a pouch of wet daily and biscuits are down all the time for them to graze on, it really doesn't matter how much wet you give them as long as they have biscuits down to eat when they get hungry. Kittens should really be able to eat as much as they like, they have a lot of growing to do and their bodies need lots of calories.

I've not heard of James Wellbeloved, is it a kitten food? Kitten food is higher in calories and they should be on it until they are about a year old. I use Royal Canin which is a pretty good brand. If you change it though, do it gradually so you don't upset their stomachs.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
I don't know much about food amounts but mine have half a pouch of wet daily and biscuits are down all the time for them to graze on, it really doesn't matter how much wet you give them as long as they have biscuits down to eat when they get hungry. Kittens should really be able to eat as much as they like, they have a lot of growing to do and their bodies need lots of calories.

I've not heard of James Wellbeloved, is it a kitten food? Kitten food is higher in calories and they should be on it until they are about a year old. I use Royal Canin which is a pretty good brand. If you change it though, do it gradually so you don't upset their stomachs.
Not necessarily. If you feed a high meat content food then kitten food is just not needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.