Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Best food for Whippet Puppy?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by newWhippetmum, Dec 7, 2019.

1. newWhippetmum

newWhippetmum PetForums Newbie

Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to dog ownership. In fact we won't bring our little whippet pup home for another two weeks, at which point he will be 10 weeks old.

What I'm wondering is if you could give me some suggestions as to what to feed. He is currently on Iams dry for puppies and I'll leave him on there for a few weeks until he is settled, but I was looking on allaboutdogfood and I'm a little overwhelmed with all the options. I get the sense that Iams is OKish but there are so many choices! Am I better just leaving him on Iams for good or should I try another food once he has settled in? Price is obviously a consideration too - I don't mind if it's not super cheap but I'd rather it not be more than we spend on our own food!!

Also, wet or dry? We have two cats who will not entertain any kibble so I'm feeding them wet food. I get the sense most cats and dogs prefer wet food, but it's obviously quite a bit more expensive and I also hear conflicting advice on how good it is. Any arguments pro and con?

I've been looking at (in no particular order) the following puppy foods:
    - Arden Grange
    - AVA
    - Step up to Naturals (dry and wet)
    - Eden
    - Butcher's Puppy Perfect
    - Harrington's

Help! I'm so confused!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice