Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

best food for sensetive tummy

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Dani k, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Dani k

Dani k PetForums Newbie

Hi

recently adopted doberman cross from dogs trust and she came with ava sensetive dog food .

they advised she only recently had an uoset tummy .

we tired another brand with fish contact called burns but she having loose stools has anyone got any advice.

many thanks

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Are you giving any treats or scraps? If so I would stop these immediately.

You could try the chicken or white fish and rice for a few days plus some https://www.viovet.co.uk/Non-Prescr...-sjjDf7qRlgRMgK6AB_wmv2yIOeXCtloaAqdVEALw_wcB
    This works with most dogs, however, if your dog has a sensitive tum, this could be ongoing with flare ups at odd times throughout life. Each dog is different and it will be a trail and error thing to find out what triggers your dog and what sorts it out. The most important thing I can stress is to make sure it's under control before trying anything else and only add one food stuff at any one time or you will never know what triggers it

The worst thing you can do is to keep swapping foods.Get the tummy sorted first, This may take quite some time, maybe several days after you've seen the first solid poo.

Torin. and Mum2Heidi like this.
  3. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

This^^^^^^^^
    Much as you want her well, are worried silly and would try anything, don’t do it!!
    I made the mistake and Heidi had a very sensitive tum for months. The tiniest thing would set her back. I used chicken and rice but rushed to normal food ( kibble which is harder to digest) and ended back on chicken and rice regularly. Each time worse. Eventually I got her onto wet food. Chappie Original wet is highly recommended for sensitive tums as well.

4. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice