Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Best clippers under £100?

Discussion in 'Dog Grooming' started by Pegatha5, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Pegatha5

Pegatha5 PetForums Junior

Hi, I have a Sproodle who I groom myself. My clippers are broken, husband has given me a £100 budget to buy a new one (budget includes blades). Really want to buy a reliable one that won’t break on me like the cheap Wahl one I had which lasted approximately half of the first grooming session
    Any recommendations? Thank you

2. DanWalkersmum

DanWalkersmum watching the world go by

I had the same problem, I needed to groom my bichon/shih tzu cross during lock down and bought some dog clippers £30 from Amazon that were useless for the dog, , kept clogging up with his undercoat, but did my husbands hair ok. :rolleyes: I decided that I needed to pay more and went for the Masterclip, there are several breed specific ones with the blades included, at just over £100 Dan's hair does not clog them like the cheap ones did. I use mine in between pro grooms now and they have been an excellent buy, the blades glide through his hair making the job easier for us both. They also came in a neat little case too. Worth a look?

3. Pegatha5

4. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Wahl are a decent brand, so if they broke that quickly then perhaps they weren't rated for your dog's coat. Does your dog have a thick, curly coat by any chance? And are you sure they were clippers, not trimmers?

5. Pegatha5

Hi @McKenzie it was these ones. Perhaps not suitable for my dog’s coat, which is fairly thick and curly. These clippers stopped being effective very quickly, and some of the blade’s teeth have snapped off so it’s kind of dangerous now!

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice