Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Best cat flap?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Kirstd78, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Kirstd78

Kirstd78 PetForums Junior

Hi all, our 2 rescue cats have just started venturing outside after being kept inside for 3 months so we need a cat flap fitting. Can anyone recommend good ones and why?

2. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

I can't have a cat flap (simply nowhere suitable to fit one, so sorry I can't help but I know someone who might be able to - @chillminx any suggestions please ?

3. Willow_Warren

Willow_Warren PetForums VIP

I have the sure flap one, it’s good (because it only lets my cats in) but not perfect. Seems to eat batteries and Andre has managed to remove the little dial that locks it, so the only way to lock it at night now it to remove the battery!

I have it installed in a double glazing panel.

Hannah.

4. Kirstd78

Kirstd78 PetForums Junior

Thanks when you say it only let's your cats in, is it a microchip one? I've been looking at the sure flap dual scan one, any good?

5. Willow_Warren

Willow_Warren PetForums VIP

Yes it’s the dual scan one I have. You only need the dual scan one if you want to keep one cat in but let the other out, otherwise the standard scan one will do.

overall I like it and don’t think there’s an alternative on the market.

Kirstd78 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice