Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Best cat flap for my kitties?

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by ChrisKon, Mar 6, 2013.

1. ChrisKon

ChrisKon PetForums Junior

Hello everyboday!

Max & Buena have all the vaccines and are spayed/neutered and ready for the big world!

Just wondering what cat flaps you use and what you would recommend?

I was thinking of going with Micro chip flaps as Its controlled and have the peace of mind that foxes won't be roaming around the living room!

Thanks in advance everyone :smile5:

2. ButtercupSyrup

ButtercupSyrup PetForums Newbie

I got a Sureflap microchip cat flap for mine and its definitely been worth the extra money for the additional security.

The other night my cat came belting indoors through it and was rapidly followed by two loud "thumps" with what turned out to be the local tom in hot pursuit :eek:hmy:

It also means they don't need to have a collar or if they do have a collar (one of mine now does), then it doesn't matter if they lose it when outside they can always get indoors.

3. wellsandmittens

wellsandmittens PetForums Member

Another vote for Sureflap here, I like knowing that no other cats can get in and we have had ours for a couple of years now with no issues.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice