Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Best Brush to Groom for Best in Show

Discussion in 'Cats Shows and Events' started by RebeccaMunday, Mar 21, 2019.

1. RebeccaMunday

RebeccaMunday PetForums Newbie

Hi all

My British shorthair cat is old enough to join the show circuit.

I was wondering what grooming brush experienced competitors use in preparation for shows.

I also need recommendations on tools to deal with annual shedding.

2. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Your breeder should be able to help with what tools work best for her cats. Still no guarantee you’ll win best in show though ;)

BritishBilbo likes this.
  3. BritishBilbo

BritishBilbo I work with cats + I live with cats. I like cats.

Your breeder is defo the one to ask, you don’t want to ruin the dense crisp texture of a BSH coat.

When I took my brits I gave them a quick once over with a slicker brush to get any loose hairs out and that was about it. I never messed with a bsh coat too much.

4. David C

David C PetForums Senior

Yup don't over brush or you will strip out all the undercoat making the coat flat , A damp hand works wonders for getting out all loose hair, just stroke them and it will come out, Also allot of breeders do a bran bath. Go on youtube, you will find loads of video's of BSH having a bran bath as part of show prep doing it the week before the show

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice