Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Best brush for a lab?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Duggee, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Duggee

Duggee PetForums Member

Can anyone recommend a brush suitable for labradors? My puppy is 5 months now and we tried her with a slicker brush which she absolutely hated. She’s already shedding a bit and I know it’s going to get much much worse!

2. MissKittyKat

MissKittyKat ❤️ BSH, Silver Rules.....and Labs ❤️

I use a groom zoom and silicon gloves which work well.

I also have a furminator but use it sparingly as I don't want his coat to be completely striped.

I also have two BSH cats who are monster shedders so I also have to embrace the fluff a little!

3. Duggee

Duggee PetForums Member

Ooh thanks, I’ll have a look at those. We are used to fluff as our cat who died in October was a shedder - but she loved being brushed, it was one of her biggest pleasures, so we naively assumed the dog would like it too!

4. MissKittyKat

MissKittyKat ❤️ BSH, Silver Rules.....and Labs ❤️

My boy will tolerate being brushed but we have to do it as part of his settled time, I usually incorporate a massage too to check him over x

Duggee likes this.
  5. Duggee

Duggee PetForums Member

I’ve just done a Fetch order for food and they had the zoom groom with money off so I’ve ordered it too. Fingers crossed she likes it!

6. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

If she isn't keen on standing still to be groomed, try smearing wet dog food over the bottom part of your fridge door, and let her stand and lick it while you groom. When you are done, the fridge door is easily cleaned.

lullabydream and Duggee like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice