Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Best and worst buys

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by jo-pop, Nov 22, 2012.

1. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

What are your best and worst buys for your cats?

Mine are:

Best - Covered litter tray
    Worst - Bozita in gravy (BIG FAIL):frown2:

2. Citrineblue

Citrineblue PetForums VIP

Mine are:

Best = Da bird toys, feathers, mice whatever they will play with all of them.

Worst = Banana leaf cat tree, we have had it two months and my two cats have been on it rarely. I've put favourite treats on it, toys on it, cat nip on it, feliway on it. No interest, is this a BSH thing?

3. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

where do I begin

Worst - Bozita all flavours, Feline Fayre all flavours, Purely all flavours, tesco complete all flavours.

Best - Da bird & dreamies! oh I forgot, LouLou & LIbby ;)

4. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

It might be. Thomas likes all four feet on the ground. I think it is a BSH thing.

5. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Best buy - after the girls that is ;) - radiator bed :)
    Worst buy - Catit food maze. I thought Siamese, being intelligent :rolleyes:, would love to play to get their treats out - wrong :nonod: They just couldn't be bothered :rolleyes:

6. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

The best buy has to be his tunnel and cubes,although the cubes have been replaced many times :rolleyes:

Worst buy a lovely ,warm,soft,furry ,igloo bed (well I thought it was) ;) For a cat who loves to crawl inside things he took an instant dislike to this and has not set one paw in it :( Mind you the radiator bed comes a close second:rolleyes:

7. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

Ahem.. by the way. We've not had many pics of the lovely lad lately. :rolleyes:

8. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

Best buys: Intelligence food toys (I know, I know, could have knocked me over with a feather when my thickos actually used them!), Trixie door dangler, orange cubes, raw food. Worst buys, Catit track (so sad to admit this as they do have periods where they love it, but not enough), cat beds initially, Ecoverde litter.

9. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

He's shy ;) :D

10. Cookieandme

Cookieandme PetForums VIP

Best Buy - the lovely German cat tree

Worst Buy - all that "lovely" German food

11. MoochH

MoochH Mum to Moochie

Best - Banana Leaf cat tree to sleep on and the Trixie Cat Cheese Corner - but only because of the cheap looking mouse which gets carried everywhere. Nicer mice are ignored :D

Worse - any kind of proper bed including Whiskers Cat Head Bed, Radiator Bed, Felt cat den and a Siberian Pet Bed (I've learnt my lesson finally) :(

12. labydird

labydird PetForums Member

Best buys: da bird, laser light pen, igloo bed, wet foods that are proper chunks and not mince (they hate it!) covered litter tray (although we didn't buy it, the breeder gave it to us!) ancol cat tunnel

Worst buys: the cardboard stacking boxes are getting there...hardly used, mainly by Orion to lounge on top of! toy balls, catit play circuit, wasn't touched!

13. AlfiesArk

AlfiesArk PetForums VIP

Best Buy- Purple Bunny and cardboard shed from the zoo... ohh and the cube aka "the cube of death"

Worst buy- Large cat tree with palm trees...

Alfie would like to add another category....

Best Toy stolen from slaves- Large cotton reel, my hooman mummies gym sock.

14. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

My 2 love their cat tree, the higher the better so deffo not a Bsh thing!!
    Best - cat tree, da-bird, radiator bed, kong kicker and aurilias kickers
    Worst - bozita, Cosma, and any food that's supposed to be better for them lol

#14 Oscars mam, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  15. Miri

Miri PetForums Senior

Best Buys: Kong Kickeroos - both cats adore them.

Worst buy: James Wellbeloved dry cat food - they won't touch it. All was not lost, however, as the huge box it shipped in was greeted with great enthusiasm as a bed!

16. NexivRed

NexivRed Guest

I love how this thread offers someone absolutely no help whatsoever when trying to decide what to get their cats :D :D :rolleyes:

Just goes to show they're all so different! I REALLY want to get some new things for when Pipistrelle comes home because I'm not kitted out nearly enough for a kitten. I just wish there was a way you could trial different things first. A cat tree is such an investment, especially cos we'd also bolt ours to the wall.

I was thinking about a radiator bed cos I'm sure my cats have used one in the past. I also really want one of the toys I saw at the breeder's friend's house. It's a pole with a feather poof at the end, but then three little plastic hands that clap together inside. It made a great noise but I can't find it anywhere for sale.

17. Durhamchance

Durhamchance PetForums VIP

Best Buys: Play tunnel- she loves it and will spend as long as you've got chasing things through it.
    Water fountain- never seen her drink so much!

Worst Buys: Kong Kickeroo- wont touch it, wont play with it. I don't think she's bothered about catnip to be honest.
    Bozita, Grau and AC- Bozita gave her the runs. Grau and AC are ignored, walked away from and given 'the look'. I have a nice box full of the stuff to take to the shelter at xmas now :rolleyes:

18. Golgotha_tramp

Golgotha_tramp PetForums Senior

best buys full height cat trees, da bird, wicker cat carriers, anything that has a cardboard box

worst buys cardboard Wendy house (which Mitzi peed in), catit food maze (Mitzi is just not into it), catit track (again just not fussed).

19. Misi

Misi PetForums VIP

Best buy: Alicante cat tree. They play on it or sit on it every day and it makes a great podium for posing for pics

Worst buy: kitty lake. Simba (Turkish Van, supposed to love water), hoiks the toys out and drops them dripping wet onto my foot in the lounge. Leila just won't entertain it at all!

IMG_1925.jpg

20. Kaz80

Kaz80 PetForums Junior

best buys - his cat tree, anything on a string , laser pen, my pens :( straws, hair bobbles, kickeroo, any food and treats he'll eat anything

worst buys - trixie cuddle bag, tunnel from b and m (wont stay up)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice