Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Best affordable dry food for my Scottie - Akela, Simpsons, or something new?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Annaliese39, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Annaliese39

Annaliese39 PetForums Junior

Hi,

It's nearly time for me to buy a new bag of food for my Scottie and I want to make sure he gets the best dry food that I can afford. He likes Simpsons Premium Mixed Meat and Fish 80/20 (https://www.simpsonspremium.com/dogs/adult-mixed-meat-fish) and Akela Original 80:20 (https://www.wholeprey.com/canine/akela-80-20-dog-food/akela-80-20-grain-free-dog-food-vat-free.html). Is there much difference in quality between them? Or perhaps there are better dry foods out there that are a similar price? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Whats he on at the moment, and why are you thinking of changing?

Torin. likes this.
  3. CheddarS

CheddarS PetForums VIP

The best food is the one that suits them. Why change if he is well. Akela is a great food (and I feed raw) but is my back up and use their treats.

Annaliese39 likes this.
  4. Nicola234

Nicola234 PetForums Senior

I fed simpsons for a while but he went off it, been feeding Akela with his meat every day for over a year and he’s still loving it and doing well on it.

Annaliese39 likes this.
  5. Annaliese39

Annaliese39 PetForums Junior

He's on Akela at the moment. I suppose I am just overthinking it as I have been told different things from others about what is or isn't a good food/ingredient, how 80:20/grain free diets are good or bad etc. It's reassuring to know Akela is considered a good food on here. He seems happy and healthy so I think I will stick with it. Thanks everyone!

niamh123 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice