Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Best £1 I spent for a while

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PembrokeMadhouse, May 8, 2010.

1. PembrokeMadhouse

PembrokeMadhouse PetForums VIP

Went to p @ h the other day and they were doing dog toys for a £1 .... I thought even if they last 1 day it would be okay ... I bought a fluorescent frisbee .... well Meg loves it ... she is not a chewer so it has lasted longer than I thought!

Also, I just turned over a couple of buckets and put some planks of wood on them and made two jumps for her in the yard - a diy agility course! She puffed and panting now! Kids think I am mad and lost the plot!

Now I need to think how to do weave poles!

C x

2. RachyBobs

RachyBobs PetForums VIP

:lol: the joys of something simple!!

3. PembrokeMadhouse

well I was looking to buying a few bits, as the yard is big enough for portable bits that can be swapped around, but it was so expensive. Need a secondhand kids tunnel and just need to work out logistics of weave poles ... will pic up a hoop probably from a car boot ....

don't know about exercising the dog's brain, but its certianly exercising mine!

C x

4. tasha15

tasha15 PetForums Member

hi i got bonnie a tunnel from argos in the kids section only £10 considering whta they want for dog ones i think that is ok

5. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

Thats why my wife married me.:lol: Bobbie loves his frisby, great for excercise:thumbup:

6. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Oh I love a bit of DIY and improvising. Such a feel good factor when you manage to create something out of next to nothing and save a few pennies along the way. I was always doing this for my horse.
    OH used dispair when I came home with yet another idea :lol:
    Bargains - dont get me started on them - nothing is a good!!!

7. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

you can get kids tunels from ikea, not sure if they will be tall enough though.
    weave poles- get those garden cane thingys and just poke them in the ground lol

we have a 1/2 metre square carpet tile (free sample) to use as a target too

8. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

Bamboo canes pushed into the grass??

Love your idea for jumps.... simple but effective! ;)

9. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Very good idea for the buckets and planks!! Been looking for agility equipment everywhere!!

10. leoti

leoti PetForums VIP

i got a great agility kit from a store at crufts only cost me 95 quid got jump , flat tunnel and hoop and weave poles :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

11. Terrier Fan

Terrier Fan PetForums VIP

Sounds like Meg had lots of fun :)

Mine have a Hula Hoop that they love jumping through.
    My mum bought home some Air ducting which is ideal for small dogs as a tunnel.

For weave poles you could use broom handles. They are usually under a £1 each and would stand up better when pushed in the ground.

12. PembrokeMadhouse

This is why the weave poles are going to be a problem the yard is concrete!!!!

She did have fun, we've been out shopping today so she's been couped up a bit, so going to take her out for a play in a bit.

C x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice