Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bessie and the thunderstorm

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by BessieDog, Oct 3, 2013.

1. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Not had many thunderstorms in Bess's life, but got a good one going on at the moment.

OH and I popped out for a quick fag (cigarette for American members! :D) and Bess came out with us. She did an emergency stop in the porch when she realised how hard it was raining. :rolleyes:

Big flash - loudest crack of them all, but all she did was look upwards a bit puzzled. I did open the door in case she wanted to go back in, but she was happy to stay out watching nature's fireworks.

When we came back in she decided to eat her tea. Must have given her an appetite!

At least I know she won't worry if it carries on during the night. :)

2. VickynHolly

VickynHolly PetForums VIP

Brave girl.

Pouring with rain here. Thunder and lighting as well. Holly was upstairs hiding, came down for a few minutes, then more thunder. She is back upstairs again. She really hates thunder.

3. ozrex

ozrex PetForums VIP

Clever girl, Bessie.

Neither of my two bother about thunderstorms, thank Dog. Some dogs really suffer.

Rex would have done an emergency stop for rain, too; he hates getting wet. Tess would have charged outside and cavorted in the rain before charging back and shaking all over me.:rolleyes:

4. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Oh, poor girl. I was relieved Bess isn't bothered. Whereabouts are you? I'm near Tiptree.

5. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

If it ways 'walkies' time she'd have gone straight out. :rolleyes:

6. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Its lovely here too but the thunder and lightening have travelled away now. None of ours are bothered, Marty can get edgy but tonight he was fine.

Goog girl Bess, nothing like a storm to freshen up the air. Love it. :)

7. VickynHolly

VickynHolly PetForums VIP

Near Clacton. It was not suppose to reach us.

She is very sensitive to noises. She never used to be. But she has always hated thunder. I better go check on her, she is probably squashed in a corner all curled up in a ball.

8. lilythepink

lilythepink PetForums VIP

lol @ walkies time.

We are supposed to get heavy rain tomorrow and I did hear snow was forecast for sunday. Hopefully, it will be a wrong forecast, don't need snow just yet.

9. Apollo2012

Apollo2012 PetForums VIP

Apollo doesn't care about thunder and lightning either if we are out walking in it he gets really happy and bounces around like a loon its quite funny. and if we are at home he goes to sleep in fact it seems to make him sleep better :lol:. he's the same with fireworks :)

10. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

we had howling wind and lashing rain all day yesterday, no rain or wind this morning but it's very heavy and hot outside, wouldn't be surprised if we get thunder soon :rolleyes: but neither of my boys mind it in the slightest :)

11. Mollyspringer

Mollyspringer PetForums Senior

We had a terrific thunderstorm here in Somerset at about midnight, haven't had one like it for a while, non stop fork and sheet lightning and thunder. Thought I'd better go downstairs and check on Molly-she slept straight through it! We've been out before on a walk when it's started thundering so I knew she'd be OK. I know some doggies hate it though.

12. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

SNOW?? :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice