Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bertie - 2 year old JRTx - loving boy

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT, Apr 16, 2011.

1. FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT

FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT PetForums Senior

Bertie is a very handsome 2 year old Jack Russell Terrier cross. He was found as a stray last year and was so scared it took three days to catch him.

Bertie is lacking in confidence but is a really sweet boy once he's got to know you and he just loves to cuddle up on your lap and be close to you!

He gets on really well with other dogs (particularly other terriers) and is good with older children.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Due to what must have been quite a scary past, Bertie finds traffic rather unnerving and will drop to the floor when around it. He also uncomfortable with men he doesn't know walking towards him when out on a walk and will bark. For these reasons, a home in a rural area with a calm, patient owner would be fantastic for him.

Bertie really is a wonderful lad who just needs to be given a chance to shine.

He enjoys his walks, is house trained and will relax in his crate when his fosterer is out.

He is really loving and will make a fantastic pet to anyone living in a quiet area.

Bertie is currently on foster in South Wales but we home across the UK.

If you're interested in adopting Bertie, please read our adoption guidelines and procedure;
    Animals For Adoption - www.friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk
    Before completing a pre-adoption form;
    Dog pre-adoption form - www.friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk

If you have any questions then please do ask

2. FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT

He has been castrated, vaccinated and micro chipped.

3. R8chl

R8chl PetForums Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Bertie has moved into a new foster home. This is what his new foster Mum has to say about him:

"Bertie is a lovely little despite having clearly had a bumpy start - is one of the most affectionate, gentle little dogs you could meet. His confidence shot up after a short time and he has been playing with other dogs and being made a fuss of.

I think that so far my favourite habit of Bertie's is his tendency to gently tap you when he wants his chest rubbing. He is the loveliest dog. I'm baffled as to why it's taken him this long to find a forever home, to be honest! Everyone who has met him has fallen in love with him...

He's still not great with men, but does eventually get used to them! He's obviously had a very tough time in the past at the hands of a man/men but he is definitely improving. He's also a very gentle dog so I think he would be great with older children.

He has been on lots of walks and although we haven't let him run free yet, he's enjoyed dashing around on the long lead and is playful with all the other dogs we have met. He's very inquisitive and loves having an explore."

4. R8chl

R8chl PetForums Member

Update yesterday from Bertie's foster Mum

"He is lovely! Just the sweetest dog who has so much to give to a home that can help him on the final step of bringing him out of his shell.

He's now really settled in with the 'pack' here and is getting on like an absolute house on fire with my two schnauzers. Last night they ran around the house in a loop for two hours (ruining my wood floors no doubt!) having a whale of time and - yes - they had had a walk! Really do think Bertie would enjoy living with another dog as he seems to be so happy playing in a pack and shows no signs of the nervousness that he occasionally has with people.

Also - have been watching for Bertie's noise sensitivity and he seems to be doing very well with this. In his first week he clearly found it difficult to be in the kitchen when everyone was making dinner, washing clothes etc but now he is trotting around the house having no issues with noisy rooms. He also hasn't reacted to cars pulling up outside etc. Really pleased with his general progress in this respect!"

Could you be Bertie's forever home?

5. R8chl

R8chl PetForums Member

Bertie is still looking for his forever home.

As a general update, Bertie is really comfortable in his foster home and has now fully settled in with the dogs. This is a house full of women however so he is doesn't have to face his (initial) fear of men too often. However, when he does, he often comes around very quickly and is keen to make friends despite initially being very scared.

Sunbathing:
    [​IMG]

With his new foster friend:

[​IMG]

6. FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Beautiful Bertie is still waiting for a home!

7. kaz25

kaz25 PetForums VIP

He's gorgeous! If it had been this time next year I would have taken him as looking for a friend for my lab.

Really hope he finds a fab home!!

8. FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT

Bertie is still waiting for a home!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice