Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bens had a pint of larger

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by suewhite, Jun 7, 2010.

1. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

My hubby left a pint of larger on the patio floor and Ben has come along and drunk the lot will it harm him anyone know this happened about an hour ago:eek:

2. LucyJ

LucyJ PetForums Member

Once happened to one my dogs, a quite large Lab, she was a bit sick and clearly had a sort of 'hangover' the only lasting effect was she didn't do it again. Honestly.:)

Check with you vet to be on the safe side.

3. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

4. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

5. EmCHammer

EmCHammer PetForums VIP

My dog drank half a pint of guiness once..

Worse side effect was the next day walking through a very posh housing estate when it came out the other end right like it went in... no way the poo bags would have done the job.

6. dee o gee

dee o gee PetForums VIP

Has never happened here, but id say since he is a large dog and lager hasn't a very high alcohol % (compared to say vodka, brandy or whiskey :D) then I doubt it'l have much effect on him except maybe the runs tomorrow! Maybe if you tried to encoarage him to eat some grass he might throw up some of it? The charcoal is a good idea too.

7. kendal

kendal PetForums Senior

one of my mums cockers drank a large glass of wine, she was stagering around for a bit and had to be guided out to go to the toilet, but she was fine. and lived to a ripe old age.

8. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

I think he will Be fine.. Our Roxy used to be a cyder drinker.... Never had any probs...

Shocking what they will drink..

9. dazb75

dazb75 PetForums Newbie

"larger" ?

How many have you had? :)

10. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

Would"nt have minded if I had:lol::lol::lol:sure my spelling was right LAGER did"nt look right but it was:thumbup::thumbup:No ill affects he just had a really good nights sleep

11. lauz_1982

lauz_1982 PetForums VIP

lol! Can picture him snoring away - daft boy!

Ewwww lovely! lol!

Glad he's going to be ok. I'll bet you've given hubby a right ear bashing and he'll be more careful in future! Doubt Ben will want to try it again anyway especially after the charcoal mix - eww! lol!

I bet Mac would do something like this. He's already stuck his face into a glass of cola I had once and he tries to steal everyone's cup of tea so they have to all sit and hold their cups! He hates the smell of coffee though - he took a sniff of my Dad's coffee when he was over once and wouldn't go back near my Dad again which isn't like him at all!

Laura :)

12. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

Holly sometimes gets a little cider when it's a warm day, like, a shot full mixed in with her water. She's normally fine with that. However once she managed to drink a small glass of Baileys and almost fell down the stairs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice