Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Bengal Pedigree

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by mr marshmallow, Dec 4, 2018.

1. mr marshmallow

mr marshmallow PetForums Newbie

Hello
    I am new, and need some information please.

In September we purchased a new family member our Bengal boy. He was advertised as Tica registered and will come with his Pedigree certificate.
    As he was bought as a pet, we were asked to send a proof of neutering to the breeder to receive his papers.
    The communication between me and breeder is very weak, she does not like to answer the questions, and takes time to respond. Although was much quicker upon selling.

Upon collecting she showed to me his TICA pedigree papers.
    Today I received my kittens papers. it includes the Breeder slip. And his pedigree certificate. But there is no any TICA signs on it. It is completely different then she showed me upon collection. It is na A4 laminated paper with her cattery name on it,,there are typed in his parents, GParents, GGGrandparets, her sign but no any TICA marks.

Can anyone explain me please why is it different ?

Thanks

2. Rufus15

Rufus15 PetForums VIP

A TICA issued 5 generation pedigree is $50, she is unlikely to pay for that for each kitten. Many breeders make their own pedigrees instead of paying the extra cost of a certified pedigree.

As long as she has given you the Breeder's Slip with the TICA details on and you can transfer your kitten into your name then there's no problem.

moggie14 and lymorelynn like this.
  3. mr marshmallow

Thank you for reply.
    Once I transfer my kitten on my name can I get that Tica pedigree ?
    She never mentioned she will issue her own pedigree, so much troubles with her to be honest.

4. Rufus15

Rufus15 PetForums VIP

Yes, transfer the kitten into your name and email the admin email address for TICA with your cats details and request the 5 generation pedigree. Pay the fee via PayPal or BACS and you'll receive an email receipt from TICA when they've received your email and confirmation of payment

5. mr marshmallow

Thank you very much for your help

6. Rufus15

Rufus15 PetForums VIP

Pleasure :)

7. Arny

Arny PetForums Member

I don't know why she hasn't given you a tica pedigree since you say she already had it but my cats pedigree is just the one the breeder has made herself.
    As far as I know its the registration certificate that's most important in showing that you've bought a pedigree cat. The breeders are best to inform you though, just thought I'd chip in :)

I'm actually not bothering changing 'ownership' with gccf as I don't see what difference it makes.

8. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave PetForums VIP

TiCA does it differently to GCCF, but it sounds like the matter is in hand. For your own cat, changing registration to your ownership is another way of showing you own it. It's not expensive, you can do it online.

lymorelynn and Arny like this.
  9. mr marshmallow

Checked the breeders provided pedigree paper, some names spelled incorrectly. Definately will request a Tica version.

Another question. I have paid a fee of $12 and registered him using the breeders slip. What happens next?
    As I understand I have to receive a blue slip. Am I right?
    Thanks in advance.

#9 mr marshmallow, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  10. Rufus15

Rufus15 PetForums VIP

No, they no longer issue a blue slip. On your TDS Online account, under Your Cats, and when you click on this cat, it will say in blue on the bottom right "CERTIFICATE". Click on that, that generates a PDF copy of your certificate of registration with your ownership details on, which you can then save or print as you like.

11. mr marshmallow

Understood. Thank You once again

12. Rufus15

Rufus15 PetForums VIP

It may be that this was a pedigree of a kitten from the litter she was keeping. Certified pedigrees have the name of the kitten, their registration number, and microchip number on them so that pedigree can only belong to that kitten. To give out copies of that would be incorrect. Obviously I don't know if that's what happened, it could be that another owner of a kitten has paid for a certified pedigree and got it sent to the breeder, but I would be very surprised if the breeder ordered a certified pedigree for a kitten she was selling as a pet.

13. Rufus15

Rufus15 PetForums VIP

Happy to help :) hope you feel a bit more reassured?

14. mr marshmallow

Yes, it was for the kitten from the same litter she was
    Yes, indeed. Feeling much better now. Have read a lot of horrors about breeders previously and started to worry.
    As this kitten is our first pedigree kitten, did not k now anything about all the papers. Been told about blue slip, but you see, they don't send it any more. Will apply for the Tica pedigree papers, and we are done. Finally ! :)

Rufus15 likes this.
  15. Rufus15

Rufus15 PetForums VIP

Fabulous, you can post pictures as form of payment :D

16. mr marshmallow

17. Rufus15

Rufus15 PetForums VIP

What a little poppet, I love the rosetting! Beautiful baby

18. mr marshmallow

Thank You for kind words !

I've been nosey , and checked your Maine Coones, they are absolutely beautiful. My choice was either MC or Bengal. Always wanted to have a MC, especially like yours, smoke black . I even have a wallpaper on my PC with smoke black MC on it. But did not choose it because of the fur.

We have another cat, long haired Moggie. It is a disaster. His fur is everywhere. Not long ago, brushing him, noticed I cant breath properly. Probably it develops into something.

19. Rufus15

Rufus15 PetForums VIP

My shorthair moggies shed less than my Coonies :Hilarious but no good to you if you're not able to breathe properly with them!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice