Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bengal Cats and other cats together?!?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Bengal.lover, May 5, 2010.

1. Bengal.lover

Bengal.lover PetForums Newbie

Hey All

I currently have a 2yr old male bengal cat. he has been speyed and am now looking to adopt/buy another cat as a companion for him.

He occasionally goes in our garden and gets on well with other cats of our neighbourhood.

Could anyone suggest a breed of cat which Bengals are known to get on better with? and what breeds to not get?

many thanks all:thumbup::thumbup:

2. tordis

tordis PetForums Senior

As Bengals are very active cats, I think another active breed would be a good choice. A friendly, fun-loving Egyptian Mau or an Abyssinian could make an ideal companion :)

3. Bengal.lover

Thanks for your reply. I was looking at British Blue Shorthairs, I've looked them up and see they are medium on the active side and very affectionate. I will definately look into the breeds you mentioned.

Do you think a British would be too quiet and less active?

4. tordis

tordis PetForums Senior

You never know, you may just find a BSH that loves to play. But in general, British Short Hairs are laid back and relaxed (some might even say lazy ;) ).
    Is your Bengal one of those little devils that will break into just about anywhere and are always up to mischief?

5. Bengal.lover

Thanks again for ur msg.

He is very mischievious and loves following other cats around our close so is nire friendly than the normal moggy's round here hehe.

Am not sure wot type of breed to get really as really want him to have a companion he can cuddle up to.

:thumbup::001_cool:

6. Bengal.lover

BUMP BUMP :thumbup:
    :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice