Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bendy hair rollers????

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by paddyjulie, Jun 8, 2010.

1. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

any one use them??

Lauren is making her first holy communion on Sunday and i was wanting to do something different with her hair...are they easy to use? and any tips? wet hair or dry hair?

juliex

2. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

LOL. This is typical. All these women on here and it takes a bloke to answer! :001_cool:

Something nice you can do with bendy rollers for a holy communion:

Wash and condition the hair. Towel dry it and apply a spray-in conditioner.

Next, take largish sections of hair around 2" square starting at the nape, and wind them spirally around the roller like a helter skelter. When you get to the root (i.e. the roller is wound all the way up) simply turn the last inch of the roller over the roots of the hair (like a hook) and it will sit there nicely.

Repeat throughout the entire head, then take an old pair of tights and put them over the rollers to keep them from falling out while your child is sleeping.

In the morning, take the rollers out, and using your fingers (with a few drops of serum applied to your hands first) seperate all of the spirals into curls. There'll be lots of them.

Next...take a 1" square section of hair from behind the right ear and braid it loosley. Secure the ends with a band. Do the same to a section behind the left ear too.

Finally, get your daughter to hold the braids out at the sides of her head, while you gather all of her remaining curly hair back from her face, and then use the braids to retain the hair back from the face in the same way you would use an alice band. Use pins to hold the braids in place across the top of the head. Arrange the curls at the back to your liking. Accessorise with small white flowers pinned into the braids if your child has no veil, otherwise, pin the veil just behind the braids.
    If the braids seem like too much work (or perhaps you don't know how to braid) you could use a simple white ribbon to hold the hair back from the face.

Hope that helps.

:thumbup:

paddyjulie likes this.
  3. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Thankyou very much ... Now that does sound very nice ... I will have ago Friday night and let you know how I get on ... Or even better can you come and do it for me ... Lol .. I have never been one to be able to do much with hair...remind me layer if I forget rep for you x
    Juliex

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice