UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I know I don't post here very often but it is with deepest regret that I have to inform you all that my little syrian hamster boy Ben passed away in the early hours of this morning aged 21 months. He was suffering from what I believe to be papova virus and in his last few weeks he showed signs of a stroke.

I remember the day I got Ben. It was 22nd September 2008. I'd asked my dad to give me a lift to PAH for some woodshavings for my Piddles. I saw Ben climbing up the bars in 1 of the tanks and instantly fell in love with him. My parents agreed that I could take him home and so I did. You can see him in the picture above on his first night at home:)

Ben has always been a very special hamster to me. He's always been mischievous yet very loving and caring. There's been so many times that I have cried with laughter at his antics. His favourite activity was always 'spider-hammin' (aka 'the monkey bars'). I think he did that quite often to get attention lol. He loved his treats especially monkey nuts and raisins. If I had him out and the treat pot was nearby he would dive into it and fill his pouches:eek: When he did this I called him 'cobra-ham':lol: If he had a seed bar in his cage then he would rag it to pieces which often kept me awake at night. If I even attempted to tell him off for it then he'd stick his ears down flat and look at me so innocently so that i'd feel guilty:eek:

Ben touched the hearts of everyone who ever had the pleasure of meeting him. He was always spoilt with treats,toys,etc. When he became ill,so many people often asked me how he was and sent their bestest wishes to him. He couldn't have asked for a better life IMO and I certainly couldnt have asked for a better hamster.

·
Registered
16,347 Posts
What a beautiful little hammy, it's so sad when they go isn't it :( i'm dreading the day my Gerbil leaves me. They might only be tiny but they're as special as any cat or dog to those who love them.

Run free Ben xx

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
So sorry to hear about Ben going to the bridge, it isnt till youve had that special hamster that you know how much they mean to you. He was obviously well loved, RIP Ben xx.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Awww he was gorgious!

RIP lil Ben.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What a beautiful little hammy, it's so sad when they go isn't it :( i'm dreading the day my Gerbil leaves me. They might only be tiny but they're as special as any cat or dog to those who love them.

Run free Ben xx
Thankyou. I agree with you there. All my animals are special to me no matter what their size.

So sorry to hear about Ben going to the bridge, it isnt till youve had that special hamster that you know how much they mean to you. He was obviously well loved, RIP Ben xx.
Thankyou.Ben couldn't have been any more loved. He meant the world to me and more. I will always miss him.

Awww he was gorgious!

RIP lil Ben.
Thankyou xx

aw so sorry mate xx :(
Thankyou xx

R.I.P little ben, i wish i could have met you, you also had me crying with laughter when your mammy told me stories about you

i'll miss hearing them and i'll miss you
I also wish you could have met him. You would have loved him. I will continue to tell you stories about Ben. His memory will never be forgotten.

Aww what a gorgeous little hamster. RIP Ben, and big hug for you Gemma x
Thankyou *hugs* xx

So sorry for your loss of Ben. My thoughts are with you.
R.I.P Ben and run free at rainbow bridge xx
Ben will be up on the rainbow bridge now with all the other animals that have passed over. I'm sure he'll be having lots of fun :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.