UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Just watched this on the news its the first time ive heard of this....another child missing...
Ben Needham: Police to dig up mound for body of missing toddler - Telegraph
He's not really a 'child' anymore as he went missing 21yrs ago. :(

Part of me hopes they find him in this dig so that his mother can finally get closure but part of me hopes they won't as I think his poor mother would fall to bits knowing that this is what had happened to him. She would forever feel it was her fault - although she probably thinks that anyway with him being missing all this time.

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
I can't imagine the pain of not knowing what's happened to your child for 21 years.

I believe the family think he was taken and put through an illegal adoption to a family outside of Greece - I hope they are right and he's had a good life.

G

·
i remember when he first went missing , so very sad:(:(
always felt terribly for his mother who never really seemed to get much coverage did she ?:(:(
lets hope this may be some closure for her , however terrible that sounds:(

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
I remember this from when he first went missing and the huge publicity campaign to try and find him. So so sad, wasn't his Gran looking after him whilst his Mum was at work or something, I hope this gives answers one way or another.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I remember when the news story first came out. It was a weird kind of Madeleine MCann mystery. Little Ben was at his grand parents house while his mum was at work and he was sitting outside the front porch playing with his little toy cars with his grandparents and then the grand parents went inside the house and within seconds little Ben disappeared.

It was hours later that Ben was reported missing as her bro used to come round during the afternoon and he used to take Ben for a little ride on his motorbike and his grandparents assumed that's what happened but alas the bro hadn't seen Ben that day :(

Still very weird that no one saw or heard anything at all.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I was annoyed tonight when I realised there was a digger in the garden.my 2 year old grand baby boy is obsessed with diggers,most baby boys are.why on earth was he on his own in the garden with workmen using a jcb :0(.and no one thought to check where the thing was working,it's horrendous.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I was annoyed tonight when I realised there was a digger in the garden.my 2 year old grand baby boy is obsessed with diggers,most baby boys are.why on earth was he on his own in the garden with workmen using a jcb :0(.and no one thought to check where the thing was working,it's horrendous.
I guess things were different back then, you would often see young ones out, people didnt see the dangers as much, I do remember him going missing, must be heartbreaking for the parents

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
I hope his poor mother can finally get closure over this, I remember the story when it happened, and have read a couple of years ago that when she moved back to the uk she set up his room (including toys) as it was in Kos, :( and his little sister that wasn't even born at the time knows all about her big brother. His mam worried about how her obsession over Ben has effected her daughter growing up, maybe a message in that for the McCanns.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I also remember when Ben first went missing and I must admit when Maddy McCann went missing I just thought of Bens mum and how it must be like history repeating for her..

I know she went back several times as the McCanns have done and followed vague leads of a little blond boy being seen on the island but they never lead anywhere...

At what point can you let go? As a mother I would say while no body is found she must always have that spark of hope somewhere deep inside...

I hope this investigation lets her put her mind at peace one way or the other.. :sad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.